Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US-Pennsylvania

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default US-Pennsylvania

Indiana - 15701
    Doug Fletcher

Indiana PA!?!

Well now, I'll bet that gets a little confusing!
    "Where you from?"
    "Indiana"
    "Anywhere near Indianapolis?"
    "Nope, just east of Philadelphia."
    "Oh, Philadelphia Indiana!"
    "Nope, Philadelphia PA"
    "Thought you said you were from Indiana?"
    "I am!"
    blah blah blah...Who's on first?!
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Ya.. we have lots of strange town names... Indiana, California, Mars, 84, and of course the ever popular Intercourse and Blue Ball......
    Doug Fletcher

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by dbfletcher View Post
    Ya.. we have lots of strange town names... Indiana, California, Mars, 84, and of course the ever popular Intercourse and Blue Ball......
    Yes there are a lot of strange names for towns in Pennsylvania just look at my town,
    Punxsutawney (try learning to spell that when you’re a kid!)

My kids grew up in South Park, and yes it was a lot like the Colorado town that has it's own TV show today. Just outside Pittsburgh and a part of Library, PA. Go Steelers!
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

located in Maryland just south of Gettysburg, PA. I just volunteered to start a Maryland group, but if no one joins I would be interested in keeping up with a group in PA. I grew up in Sandy Lake, PA so it is still home to me.

Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, United States, 113033098710613, Fort Washington, Pennsylvania

Default Just outside of Philly

I'm just outside of Philly, in Fort Washington. I just got my Carvewright (actually a reconditioned Compucarve) a couple of weeks ago. A bit frustrated right now, due to some issues I am having. I've only got about 24 hours of carve time on it, and about the same amount of time trying to troubleshoot issues. Anyone who has one of them, and is in the area, I would love to come, or have you come and show me how you run it. I am open to the possibility (probability) that I am screwing something up. I am not ready to give up on it, because I think it still has a lot of potential. But, I just don't know what I might be doing wrong.

Default Hi

Quote Originally Posted by WCallister View Post
    I'm just outside of Philly, in Fort Washington. I just got my Carvewright (actually a reconditioned Compucarve) a couple of weeks ago. A bit frustrated right now, due to some issues I am having. I've only got about 24 hours of carve time on it, and about the same amount of time trying to troubleshoot issues. Anyone who has one of them, and is in the area, I would love to come, or have you come and show me how you run it. I am open to the possibility (probability) that I am screwing something up. I am not ready to give up on it, because I think it still has a lot of potential. But, I just don't know what I might be doing wrong.
    Caught your post. I'm up in Yardley and looking at Compucarve machines. did you get your issues resolved?

Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, United States, 113033098710613, Fort Washington, Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by Geophyrd View Post
    Caught your post. I'm up in Yardley and looking at Compucarve machines. did you get your issues resolved?
    I did get everything resolved. I have posted some pics of some of the stuff I have been able to build. Most of my issues were user error type issues, though there were a couple of machine issues which were covered under warranty, and we are good to go. I'd love to show you my machine if you wanted to take a look, but unfortunately I am preparing to move to southern AZ. So I will no longer be in the area after next week.

Default Mason Dixon Chapter meeting

cross posting to the PA thread...http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...29-US-Maryland

We had the first meeting of the Mason-Dixon Chapter of the Carvewright users group in Abbottstown PA. We will be meeting monthly with the next meeting on March 9th. See my post in the MD thread for more description and pictures. If you are close enough to Abbottstown please join us for the next meeting.

dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast