Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's on the workbench right now?

Just don't scratch it on the bricks!

A "Master Craftsman" at work. Stunning and beyond description. My projects pale in comparison. Well Done!
    Old Trainers never die, The tape just doesn't sitck anymore!

3. Default

I have always been amazed at your work. The beauty of your wood work, your creativity and the amazing finishes that you are able to acheive. I hope you are charging enough for these, they are masterpieces!
    Frederick Potter
    Editions by Frederick
    http://www.editionsbyfrederick.com

Keep 98% of the dust out of your machine with this free dust collector:
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...e-final-answer

I don't know what to say because your work is just amazing. Your talent is just out of content. Then I have to tell "extraordinario".
    Hilda

WOW... Me Thinks I'm in love.. LG that is just fantastic... I wish I could take you out for some coffee to find out how you do the finish.. it's amazing!

My Company Site My Company Blog My Church Blog My Church Website My Patterns

Thanks everyone!

Regarding the color coats. . This is fun finish to try, I use four guns " from Lows" two large guns for sanding sealer and top coat, two small guns for colors.

1. Lacquer sanding sealer 3 coats or more no need to sand between coats.
    2. finish sand sealer to level with 320 sandpaper.
    3. In a small finish gun mix the yellow into the lacquer, spray the top and let dry.
    4. start a new mix this time with cherry red and a drop of blue. on a test piece of wood adjust the gun so the red has a fine particulate pattern. spray the sunburst shooting from the inside out keeping away from the center.

5. add a drop or two of red mahogany in the red and spray the very outside eages of the top let dry and remove any over-spray dust with a natural bristol brush.

6. spray a few coats of topcoat let dry for a week.
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 01-27-2011 at 11:10 PM.

So from start to finish........ how long did it take you to make that particular guitar?
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Hard to say exactly.. the Les Paul take more work then a violin, if all works out under a week.

sizing wood and milling on the CW 2 days
    fingerboard with frets and vshell .50 days
    neck trod and headstock .50
    set neck and finish sanding .50
    paint finish 2 days
    electronics and buff .50

Total 6 days and unlike last week, rest on Sunday and or Church services.
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 01-28-2011 at 11:21 AM.

WOW... Fantastic Work again..... Tell us about the case.... Did you make the inside shell too?

Thanks for the finishing tips....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thanks everyone, it nice to show off and hopefully inspire with some information!

The case is from guardian, impressed with the fit and finish a little bit pricey around 100.00 but has a nice look!

The shell inlays on the fingerboard is something i am proud of as the cost of Paula shell inlays can be over 60.00 for a set! Last year I developed a solution for cutting the micro thin shell that I think looks fantastic.
    Inlays using the machine takes only a few secs to cut with a very clean press fit. I use the 1/16 carving bit to cut the recess and the vshell. The angle of the bit makes a small wedge as the parts fit together.
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 01-28-2011 at 02:21 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast