Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What Every Newbie Should Know

Here is old game MPC I think you are looking for. Hope it helps youMarble Game.mpc

Another option to try is using the puffing tool on a 1/2" diameter circle and inverting it, as in this contest entry marble game: http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...ghlight=marble

You could also utilize the 1/2" ballnose bit in the full bit set, instead.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

oh you are a genius.

that is a brilliant idea Connie... I haven't purchased the suite needed for the puffing tool.... If i could purchase every carvewright beautiful tool i so would!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CNC Carver View Post
    Here is old game MPC I think you are looking for. Hope it helps youMarble Game.mpc
    The genius quote was for you. Exactly what I needed THANK YOU SO MUCH...

Quote Originally Posted by maryamick View Post
    The genius quote was for you. Exactly what I needed THANK YOU SO MUCH...
    Thank you, Connie!

(Connie lives near the office and comes by to see me all of the time. She is the "creative & worker bee" behind her sister Mary's business. Pretty cool & unusual knowing someone else with my name.)
    Connie
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

us connie's are pretty great arent we!!!

Poor Connie... I am so so so so so so so blessed to live 10 mins from the LHR offices HAHAHAH. I should have a master's degree in Carvewright by now with just the knowledge Connie has given me.

Default Dust collector

Quote Originally Posted by cnsranch View Post
    1. Keep the machine clean.
    2. Add a Dust Collection System - do it, now, trust me.
    3. Get a lighted mirror so you can see inside the QC (assuming you have a QC).
    4. Watch the temp of the Flexshaft - if it feel more than warm to the touch where it curves at the top, you're gonna melt it. Get an infra-red thermometer to help you watch it (they're about $30 at HarborFreight).
    5. Learn the software - spend more time designing and reviewing your projects than carving on the machine. The machine is like a computer - "garbage in, garbage out" - it will only turn out what you design and tell it to turn out.
    6. After you screw up a project (and you will - in fact, more than one) try to learn why it didn't come out the way you planned...don't lay blame...anywhere....if you don't figure it out, you'll only make the same error over and over...you'll get frustrated, and won't be happy with your hobby.
    7. Enjoy the ride, and show off your accomplishments here - we love to see "newbies" have the "light go on".
    You mention Dust Collection System. I hooked up my collector to the port where the bag is supposed to go and pretty much nothing went that direction. Must be another way to do this? Someone posted about making a hood of some type. Open to ideas to keep it clean and working.

10. Default close to connie too

Quote Originally Posted by maryamick View Post
    us connie's are pretty great arent we!!!
    I live in Pasadena also(5 min. from Connie) just wondering if you give advice in person. I'm just starting out and need a little help.. thanks

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast