Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What Every Newbie Should Know

Another thing -

Watch that little rubber O-Ring on the board tracking roller. It will get worn, will crack, and eventually fall off. You are lost without it.

I keep a supply on hand, and replace the O-Ring when it starts cracking.
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

Remember Static Electric Discharges can ruin your day

If you use a Shop-Vac to clean up Dust and Chips in or aound your Machine while carving
    --Please!! -- Be sure to keep it away from the Circuit Boards and Key Pad side of your Carver
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Quote Originally Posted by Kenm810 View Post
    Remember Static Electric Discharges can ruin your day

If you use a Shop-Vac to clean up Dust and Chips in or aound your Machine while carving
    --Please!! -- Be sure to keep it away from the Circuit Boards and Key Pad side of your Carver
    Keep the machine grounded while using your shop vac by laying a hand on the metal of the machine.
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

If you are uncertain about a particular function/feature, run a small test carve to see how it performs before throwing in an expensive board. It may add some cut time, but at least you will know what to expect when you start a big project.
    Sonuva Nutcracker!

Alex
    Carvewright

you will not like the carving from a picture as well as a carving from a 3d pattern!
    my patterns are at www.upillar.com do a search for "ptn"

email for patterns: patternmaster@live.com

Hey Jerry, or anyone else who may know, but you said to watch the little o-ring on the brass roller, does anyone know the exact dimentions of the rubber o-ring? How about a good place to buy a hand full of them....

CJ
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

You should be able to find them nearly anywhere. If you have the sandpaper belts, the correct side is 5/16 ID x 7/16 OD. The rubber belts use a different size. MT just had a recent post with the size for rubber belts but I dont recall which thread it was in.

Edit: I found MTs' post...

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...935#post147935
    Last edited by dbfletcher; 02-16-2011 at 01:09 PM.
    Doug Fletcher

Thanks Doug
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Harbor freight sells O ring kits for bout $ 5 ... U get bout a dozen of each size from small to over an inch...

I just rercieved a new machine 9 (C version), and the owners manuel wasn't there. I tried to use the manuel on the comp. but for some reason it only has a few pages. My question is do I check the head pressure the same as the older machines and what should the pressure be?
    Thanks
    Don

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast