Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Quote Originally Posted by rickroy View Post
    Good morning all. I am Rick Roy from Greenfield Massachusetts ... originally from Visalia California. I just bought a used CarveWright (Craftsman name on the top of it though) and I am setting up a wood shop in my cellar. My original goal was to carve and drill custom cribbage boards. However, my horizons are expanding everytime I read a "Tips and Tricks" There is so much that can be done! I am amazed by some of the work being dome. Beautiful, just beautiful! I have a background in photography, PhotoShop and website building. My goal is to put photos of pets, children, families, etc on c ribbage boards (or without the cribbage element. I won't start carving until the wood shop is ready, about Jan 15, 2012. I need some bits! The previous owner has them "somewhere." So I have a machine with no bits. I am thinking of upgrading to the "C" version so it doesn't make since to purchase new bits for the old chuck does it? Anyone want to rid themselves of a couple of the older style bits?
    We can talk to you about the upgrading to the CarveTight. Might be a good idea to do that before buying the old-style bits.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

2. Default

Hi all, I just bought my CarveWright on Ebay, and because the serial number was registered to the previous owner, I cannot order patterns or save a pattern I made to the disc. HELP!!!

Bonney Lake, Washington, United States, 113160055365328, Bonney Lake, Washington

Welcome to this wonderful community. You need to call Carvewright and email them proof of purchase. They will then register your computer for that machine.
    Enjoy your new purchase!
    Tom Watson
    Two CW's and D.C.-Top Mount Insert @ Ringneckblues.com Get the dust out!!
    50" X 48" PDJ Pilot Pro CNC http://www.pdjinc.com

Check out my Facebook page for current carvings at http://www.facebook.com/signsinwood

Watsons Wooden Words http://www.signsinwood.com & Messages in Wood http://www.messagesinwood.com/

4. Default

hey guys im about a month in to using my new carvewright and got it for lithophanes and wood photo carving......ive done about 12 lithos and getting better but now Im getting blurry carvings.......help please....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blueberry ice.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	51514Attachment 0Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mint ice.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	51515Click image for larger version. 

Name:	strawberry ice.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	51516Click image for larger version. 

Name:	glacier ice.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	51517
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wedding litho.jpg  
    Last edited by william-finn; 02-26-2012 at 06:35 AM.

Question: Did you have to increase the size of the image prior to "carving"?

David

Hi William,

"blurry" could be a number of things. The quality of the photos themselves or simply a dull bit, especially if you are carving in corian or similar hard material.
    Let us know.
    Cheers,
    Bill Brooks
    Henrico , VA
    Printer, Zymurgist, Carvehead
    Machine One - Version B, Carvetight upgrade and a Ringneck Blues Dust collector www.ringneckblues.com
    Machine Two - 5th Anniversary Version C, Rubber Belts and a Ringneck Blues Blues Dust collector

7. Default

most i had to decrease the size because it wanted to make them 25 x 32 or larger.......the dragon and moon i did increase but only an inch on width......im gonna go with dull bit...thanks guys and ill put up some more soon...gotta order some bits...thanks

To All of the Newbies. Welcome Aboard!

Capt Barry

9. Default Joining the new guy ranks

I have been watching this product over the past 5 years. Reading the forums, in particular the posts on mechanical and software issues. I figured the the 'c' version was a good point to jump into using the machine. So yesterday I found a 'c' version package onsale - includes the bits and the probe. Looking forward to starting several projects I have inmind. The only dissapointment without opening the box and setting up the machine is the warrenty. I have NO issue with the 30 days. But that the warrenty starts with purchase, I am going to burn 6 days waiting for Saturday to roll around. I should have read more on the warrently details and waited until next Saturday morning to buy the machine. But I expect with this 'c' version that my odds of having a problem are small.

10. Default

Hi all, I just got my new machine on Friday. I paid extra to have it shipped in 2 days and I am FRUSTRATED!.

I got my machine, read all the manuals, created my first carving with the software and tried to start my first project... Close cover Please stopped everything! I went back to the troubleshooting guide, read a bunch of post and no sawdust. Contact support today and found out I have a faulty wire since the switch checked out. I'm concerned that the new cable will not fix the problem and it will be another week before I can make sawdust.

Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast