Page 55 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Billyblue52 View Post
    hI MY NAME IS BILLY ,i BOUGHT MY CW TWO WEEKS AGO HAVENT USED IT YET.STILL TRYING TO LEARN COMPUTER PART ,lOOKING FOWARD TO A LOT OF FUN WITH IT.
    Welcome Billy,

Make sure you look through the learning guide, tutorial videos and tip and tricks. The all have great information to get you up and carving. If you have any questions just ask away.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Welcome, Billy!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Hi Billy!

Where are you located? Sometimes there is someone close by that can help in person

Welcome, you will be hooked in no time!

4. Default

Hello to you to, I live at Lake Conroe in Texas. Still haven't plugged in my carver,still trying to get my head around the computer part. I do Lichtenberg Wood Burning and Bought my Carver so i could add to and do other things to my burns.I did a lot of burns on wood to get ready for my carver but now after reading about knots on wood i don't know if i should do my burns after i carve or do them before and cover them up with tape .The problem with doing it after is the raising of the grain due to the use of water.So tis my dilemma.I hope there is help for me out there somewhere.

5. Default

Thank you.I look forward to being a member of this group

6. Default

Thank you I will ,And i hope i don't ware anyone out with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyblue52 View Post
    Hello to you to, I live at Lake Conroe in Texas. Still haven't plugged in my carver,still trying to get my head around the computer part. I do Lichtenberg Wood Burning and Bought my Carver so i could add to and do other things to my burns.I did a lot of burns on wood to get ready for my carver but now after reading about knots on wood i don't know if i should do my burns after i carve or do them before and cover them up with tape .The problem with doing it after is the raising of the grain due to the use of water.So tis my dilemma.I hope there is help for me out there somewhere.
    Hi Billy,

Since you haven't plugged it in, I will ask if you have a dust collection plan. I plugged in the puppy the day I got it, put my name and one of the free patterns that come with it on the board and commenced to carving. What a mess! It makes REALLY fine dust that gets in everywhere

The best way to get moving is to open one of the tutorials and follow along. They are very detailed and will get you more comfortable with the software. The hardest thing for me to wrap my head around was the "project" board and the "real" board (your piece of wood). Your real board needs to be 7 inches longer than your project so it stays under the rollers - you will get snipe if it comes out and tips up, and could break a bit..

8. Default

Thanks my Michine came with a dust hood which i will be sure to keep hooked up.I read about the 7in and will be sure my board will be the right size or will make a jig to set it in

9. Default Introduction

Hello guys - name is Shane and i purchased a CX, downloaded everything and can not get my mac to recognize the card reader in the USB port. I have tried googling it and done everything Mac says to do and still won't acknowledge. i even tried to download on Windows surface, but don't have a CD drive to download software installation- gets to read me text and can't go any further- says to insert CD and will start automatically??

HELP please!!! have created just my name and included art to try out the machine, but can't save it to card to put in machine to finish set up...

10. Default Introduction

Hello everyone, I am John, from Tulsa, OK area. I received my CW this week and very excited, I ran two simple image drawings of an image logo (that I have permission). I excited about the possibilities with this machine, I am a woodworking hobbyist that would like to make some cash inflow to pay for the wood so I can keep playing. I always found I had a desire to create but didn't know what, I started working with pallets (since it was free wood for me) and found that it is feeding the need to create and is therapeutic for me.

My wife showed one of the logo's I had cut out to her boss and I have a request for a sign already lol.

Page 55 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast