Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Quote Originally Posted by MORMONFLY View Post
    Hi I'm a newbe, been reading the "Tips and Tricks" and all the other manuls. Health problems slowed me down, but am about ready to start up.
    I wish you guys would say were your from Canada or USA just a Suggestion and welcome,, people here are very helpful to help
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

2. Default

Sorry about that Henry, I'm down in southeast Iowa known as the Pen City.

Greetings! Welcome to the family !

Quote Originally Posted by gelu_b View Post
    Hello everybody, my name is Gelu (gelu_b), I'm from Romania and now I'm a happy owner of a SH CW; my hobby is to build retro Nixie electronic clocks and I bought this machine to help me to build the clock' cases. I spent a lot of time reading the forum, the tutorials and now I'm learning the CW software (it takes time as I'm doing in my free time only). I'm happy to join to your community, I got a lot of answers to my issues and I hope that some day I'll be able to share my own projects.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Good morning all. I am Rick Roy from Greenfield Massachusetts ... originally from Visalia California. I just bought a used CarveWright (Craftsman name on the top of it though) and I am setting up a wood shop in my cellar. My original goal was to carve and drill custom cribbage boards. However, my horizons are expanding everytime I read a "Tips and Tricks" There is so much that can be done! I am amazed by some of the work being dome. Beautiful, just beautiful! I have a background in photography, PhotoShop and website building. My goal is to put photos of pets, children, families, etc on c ribbage boards (or without the cribbage element. I won't start carving until the wood shop is ready, about Jan 15, 2012. I need some bits! The previous owner has them "somewhere." So I have a machine with no bits. I am thinking of upgrading to the "C" version so it doesn't make since to purchase new bits for the old chuck does it? Anyone want to rid themselves of a couple of the older style bits?

Hi all - received my first CarveWright machine about a week and a half ago. Finally got the shop cleared up enough yesterday to set it up and give it a whirl on a simple design I did earlier in the week. Wasn't too bad a for first effort.

David

Welcome, I like your name! Can we expect to see some equations? One of the reasons I bought the Carvewright was because I could carve mathematical surfaces.

My name is Maria. Just moved to Arizona. Haven't touched my CW in years and need technical help with patterns.
    Thanx!

Hi All,
    Bought my CW about 6 months ago and am having a great time with it. I have been using the forum a lot and appreciate all the great advice I have seen here. I have been building furniture and accessories for over 25 years and this is my first foray into the CNC world...I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks :0)
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com
    Facebook Page: click FB button on web page

Bessemer, MI (shop location)
    Lake Gogebic, MI (where I hang my hat)

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...

Default Just thought I would say hello

Hi,
    I have had my CW for about 6 months now and have been using the forum to learn a lot. Thank you to everyone who posts as it is very helpful and I have picked up some great stuff. I have been building furniture and accessories for over 25 years, but this is my first foray into CNC and so far, I am really enjoying it. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks :0). I hope to be able to add to the forum over time instead of always taking away. I am really enjoying my CW and it is a great additon to my wood shop.....
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com
    Facebook Page: click FB button on web page

Bessemer, MI (shop location)
    Lake Gogebic, MI (where I hang my hat)

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...

Welcome to all the newbies on here. Lots of helpful info and great group of people to get to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast