Page 48 of 61 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

welcome,
    If you post your location there may be someone close who can help. This forum is great place with many people willing to help.
    Take it slow and learn the software, lots of tutorials on carvewright page. The only stupid question is one that doesn't get asked.
    We all started where you are so don't worry.
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by brmjharris View Post
    Hello,

I am Byron Harris and l live in Colorful Colorado. I got my machine about a month ago and am trying to get aquatinted with it as soon as I can. Lots of things to learn and so little time.

The problem I am having right now is repeatability. I think there should be a third option if the board measures slightly different then the project that allows me to continue instead of just the 2 options of a new board or resize the project. Most of the posts say to essentially to not let the machine resize the project, so the option to continue would allow the user to just continue instead of shutting down, changing the project, and starting over again. Just my opinion for what its worth. It might fix my repeatability problem.

Thanks,
    Byron
    Byron,

Another Harris from Colorado, up north from you at Greeley. Please check your private messages.

Project size versus board size problems can be from the machine calibration being off a little. Is it mostly length or width?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by bjorn View Post
    I go by Bjorn my shop is The Blood Eagle Woodcrafts, ithe is mostly a hobby. I am a disabled vet and I am wanting to make better carvings with this machine than by hand. I will be donating the things I make to the Gold Star Families to sell to raise money for different things. I am not computer smart with that said I can not for the life of me figure the software out I am a hands on person and unfortunately there is no one in my area that can instruct me, but I will get it with everyone's help on here just be patient with me when asking questions I am a guy that has to have it broken down to me barney style or using the kis method (keep it simple). I look forward to learning this software and the machine.
    Bjorn,

Welcome to the forum. Please post your location and we will see if we can find someone in your area.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Default Introduction

I'm Loyd from the North Central Arkansas area. Looking forward to learning the CW machine. I have a cnc plasma machine and machine shop.
    I am sure I'll be asking lots of ?'s about this machine I am leaning toward Lithophane projects.
    Thanks!

5. Default

Hello, All,

My name is Clayton Campbell and I'm the owner of Damascene Gallery, a small business based in West Virginia that makes Orthodox Christian icons. We just received our new CarveWright CX on Wednesday and did our first carve moments ago. I look forward to increasing my skill level and getting to know the machine with your help Thank you all in advance!

Clayton

Default Hi! I'm Philip Krause

I live in Wisconsin retired looking forward to exciting things to do with my Carvewright,which I bought in November 2016

Hi all,
    It may be a shock to some of the old timers, but I'm back.
    The powers that be have let me back in, but I did tell them not to worry, I won't be looking to pick up the beers I'd been promised from way back when !
    2007 -2009 if memory serves.
    Much water has passed under various bridges since those days, and perhaps some of it may come out over the next few postings, but till then I'll just say that I'm waiting for my green card so that I can live permanently in Corinth, MS.
    Currently nomadic between UK and USA.
    Regards,
    John aka Greybeard
    EDIT
    No, I see it was 2006 when I joined. The old grey cells are beginning to fade

Quote Originally Posted by Greybeard View Post
    Hi all,
    It may be a shock to some of the old timers, but I'm back.
    The powers that be have let me back in, but I did tell them not to worry, I won't be looking to pick up the beers I'd been promised from way back when !
    2007 -2009 if memory serves.
    Much water has passed under various bridges since those days, and perhaps some of it may come out over the next few postings, but till then I'll just say that I'm waiting for my green card so that I can live permanently in Corinth, MS.
    Currently nomadic between UK and USA.
    Regards,
    John aka Greybeard
    EDIT
    No, I see it was 2006 when I joined. The old grey cells are beginning to fade

John,

Welcome back. Looking forward to seeing some of your projects again. BTW, memory is the second thing to go.
    Steve

Don't tell me, you've forgotten what the first thing was

john

Welcome back John!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Page 48 of 61 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast