Page 45 of 61 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

1. Default

looking for somebody in new jersey. I am in Manchester central jersey. please reply thanks

Howdy, I got my machine in a couple of weeks ago and am trying to figure it all out. It has been quite a learning curve, I have already managed to break two cutting bits ! Is there anyone on here around the Tyler/Longview area in East Texas? Big thanks to Floyd Harris for all his help in getting me started.

3. Default

Where are you guys in N.C.? I live in the Richmond Va. area! I would love to meet you sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by mpessink View Post
    Howdy, I got my machine in a couple of weeks ago and am trying to figure it all out. It has been quite a learning curve, I have already managed to break two cutting bits ! Is there anyone on here around the Tyler/Longview area in East Texas? Big thanks to Floyd Harris for all his help in getting me started.

Martin,

Thanks sir and glad to see you signed up on the forum. Lots of great help here for any issue/questions you might have. To help you out with finding someone close you might want to check this section out to post your location and maybe find someone..

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...17365-US-Texas
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Hi, my name is Loretta and I just recently purchased a CarveWright. Here's a little bit of what inspired me to start researching and eventually where I am today:

1/6/16

Tomorrow would have been my father’s 80th birthday. He passed away in August. While alive, and during his prime wood working years, his shining legacy was the beautiful walnut hutches he made.

He left his wood working tools and shop to me. I’ve been spending time cleaning out his shop. I don’t think he ever threw away anything (I have a life time use of nails, screws, bolts, washers, drill bits, etc). And since his wood shop and tools hadn’t been used in at least a good 8 years, it was needing a very good cleaning.

He was always too afraid to let me go back into his wood shop and learn from him. (You cannot be distracted!) He did go through a dry run on some of the machines with me one day, although he never powered up any of the tools.

My grandfather had picked up woodworking late in his life (I still have treasured pieces from him – and I’m sure some of the tools and “stuff” came from his generation). Dad started using Grandpa’s shop and found it had a soothing effect on him.

I don’t think my dad ever thought I would actually use any of the tools, but would probably just sell the items and the building and get what I could out of them….I considered it…but I can’t do it, at least not at this point. I want to be able to take this special gift he left me, and make the legacy live on. I don’t think I will ever have the desire to make the large items like he did – but I’m sure I will find my own nitch.

With leaving me the shop, he’s opened up my opportunities to be independent. I have the tools to spark my imagination, and the resources to make it happen. I’d like to thank my dad for giving me the most special gift. Thank you Dad!

I know I’ve got a lot of techniques and learning to do, but this is the first plaque I made – a tribute to my dad.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dad's Plaque.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	79447

Default Howdy

I have had my machine for a while but only carve signs. Just found out about the forum. I am fixing to get into some projects and surly will need help. Have a sign now that I cant figure out how to do. Hopefully there is someone who has done this before and can help me out. I live in Silsbee, TX. and would love to meet others in this area to exchange ideas. See picture of sign I am trying to accomplish. Thanks and hope to meet some of you guys and gals. Once I figure out how to post a Pic I will do so.lol

Default 1019

hi folks im mongo,ive had my machine for less than 4 working hours and now i cant get it to lower down.it just makes the clicking clutch sound any ideas why??

8. Default

I have owned a Craftsman machine for quite a few years but due to moving I just started to use it
    It is an A version and I am working through the tutorial on how to use the software
    Good going so far
    Can't see any photos on this forum,may be on my end

9. Default

I am a new Carvewright owner. I have created a couple of signs. I am trying to go through some of the tutorials and am finding following some of them as frustrating as trying to learn what they talk about.

Russell Bell
    Powder Springs, GA

Aldbaron... hang in there, I think they put a delay on being able to see the pictures... you may be able to email them and get that part started.... then there seems to be a period of time that your posts may not post immediately... but eventually that will get granted to (at least that what happened for me). Good luck and welcome to the forums! I'm still very new at this and the forums offer a great souce of knowledge!

Loretta

Page 45 of 61 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast