Page 42 of 61 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Quote Originally Posted by clgjr View Post
    Hey everybody
    My name is Andrew. I bought a carvewright a few weeks ago and I'm just getting comfortable with it. Looking forward to many projects to come. As of right now though I'm having a tracking roller issue while trying to use a big board 60 x 12 x 1.5 in. I've got rollers on either end but my scale is only reading approx. 30 out of the 60 in. in length. I've tried smaller boards and they work great. Any ideas?
    Are you supporting the longer board? It is to long to run without support.

Hello everyone. My name is Bruce and I'm a Carve Wrightaholic. Just purchased a used machine and am still in the process of getting bits, dust collectors, etc. Totally new to the whole thing and just getting started. So please be patient with me.
    While trying to check and lubricate the flex drive shaft, I have lost the spring in the head, somewhere in my garage. Does anyone know where to find or buy said part? Don't want to pay $75 for a new shaft at present. I'll be asking lots of questions and doing lots of research on the Forum.

Welcome to the forum. How could you loose that spring? Your shop must look like mine! It is called a silencing spring and others have used the machine without it. I do not know if I would. Find it. Make sure it is not kinked.

Welcome, Bruce! I would keep looking in the garage for that spring. Hopefully, you don't step on it while walking around.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Just called Connie and ordered a new spring and some lube. I'll probably find it right after the new one comes. Thanks guys and Connie

Welcome this is the place to be. You will get all the help you need. Everyone here is great and the stuff they make is unreal.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish7 View Post
    Hello everyone. My name is Bruce and I'm a Carve Wrightaholic. Just purchased a used machine and am still in the process of getting bits, dust collectors, etc. Totally new to the whole thing and just getting started. So please be patient with me.
    While trying to check and lubricate the flex drive shaft, I have lost the spring in the head, somewhere in my garage. Does anyone know where to find or buy said part? Don't want to pay $75 for a new shaft at present. I'll be asking lots of questions and doing lots of research on the Forum.
    Bruce,

Welcome to the CW and the CW forum! Do your homework (reading and watching the tutorials and tips and tricks) for getting you ready for carving. Also when ever you have any questions find the correct area on the forum and ask away.

Make sure that your spring is not still in the flex core!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Thumbs up

Thanks, I checked.

9. Default Introducing myself

Hello:

My name is Alexander Olivieri, Im currently living in Virginia. I am currently waiting for my carvewright to get to my house. I just bought one since my other CNC machine (CNC Piranha) start acting up. After 3 weeks of going back and forward with the company and getting software upgrades, the machine still did the same errors which was costing me money for my business. I just started a business (Woodpeckers plaques and crafts) a couple of months ago, mostly military stuff since I am a Soldier as well, but pretty much doing whatever ppl's ideas are. Looking forward to learn a lot from the masters of this page and to expand my knowledge on carving with this machine.

Hello everyone. My name is Eddie Wilson from Oakland TN.
    I wanted to introduce myself to everyone and didn't want to feel like a leach for downloading and and taking everyones knowledge without giving back.
    I received my CW about a month ago and so far I am pretty pleased with it. Just a few hiccups along the way to learning.
    Like, YOU NEED A DC! Downloaded the one I found on this form and it works great. (See before and after photos below. And my flex shaft burned up after 24 hours of run time. After a few carves everything went great. The flex shaft was not getting hot at all. Then a few hours into it's last carve it started melting at the bend where the wire brace ends. All connections looked great, cable was fine and even the spring looked good. I don't know what went wrong. But I got a new one and I'm back up and running. Thanks to everyone on here. I have gained a lot just by searching and reading your post. Here are some things I have done with the CW so far. Thanks again.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1561.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	235.2 KB 
ID:	77044Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1562.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	255.6 KB 
ID:	77045
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1523.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	310.1 KB 
ID:	77042Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1559.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	148.5 KB 
ID:	77043

Page 42 of 61 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast