Page 41 of 61 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Hello Everyone, I have been carving for a year off and on...Just simple carvings

NOW I HAVE A PROJECT THAT I NEED HELP ON

My son has asked me to help him design a Boy Scout Troop Slide for his troop...I have his ORIGINAL design but need assistance in making it work the way he wants I don't know how to make the design bold enough to allow the scouts to paint it and I want to have the carvewright cut it out to shape. Can anyone help.

Welcome Makinsawdust and Oldbaldyone! Looking forward to seeing your carvings and feel free to ask any questions you might have..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I live in Tulsa, Oklahoma and the closest contact that I have for help is in Oklahoma City or A small Town North West...Both are 2 Hours away. I have retired and just started carving with my 5 year old machine. It probably only has 200 hours of carving simple signs.

However I need some help...I can not travel as I am also a caregiver for my wifes mother of 84 with dementia. I would like for some assistance with using the carvewright machine so that I can do more. It would have to be a question and answer or tutor over the phone. I'm a quick study and willing to work anytime designing. I have a carving project that is for My Sons Boy Scout Troop and would appreciate some assistance. If anyone is willing to help it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldbaldyone View Post
    I live in Tulsa, Oklahoma and the closest contact that I have for help is in Oklahoma City or A small Town North West...Both are 2 Hours away. I have retired and just started carving with my 5 year old machine. It probably only has 200 hours of carving simple signs.

However I need some help...I can not travel as I am also a caregiver for my wifes mother of 84 with dementia. I would like for some assistance with using the carvewright machine so that I can do more. It would have to be a question and answer or tutor over the phone. I'm a quick study and willing to work anytime designing. I have a carving project that is for My Sons Boy Scout Troop and would appreciate some assistance. If anyone is willing to help it would be GREATLY appreciated.
    I looked in the Carvaholics, find a carver near you and see http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...640#post149640 is just to the north east from you..

For your help with designs you can post your questions (try to find the correct area on the forum) and we will try to give you lots of help..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I added you to my friends list. I live in Inola but work in Tulsa. I would be glad to help you.

As Floyd said, there are many here willing to help with designs, patterns and general advice on the CW. Don't hesitate to ask. The only dumb question is the one that doesn't get asked.
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

Default Intro

Hey everybody
    My name is Andrew. I bought a carvewright a few weeks ago and I'm just getting comfortable with it. Looking forward to many projects to come. As of right now though I'm having a tracking roller issue while trying to use a big board 60 x 12 x 1.5 in. I've got rollers on either end but my scale is only reading approx. 30 out of the 60 in. in length. I've tried smaller boards and they work great. Any ideas?

8. Default

Being new myself I'm not sure this is how to do all this, but here goes. My name is Jeff & I am from Wichita, KS. I think I have brain fog from looking at all the tutorials etc and still not figuring out how to get rounded corners when I draw a rectangular box on a board. I've been a corel draw user for years, and it is very easy to do that with that software. Perhaps I can draw what I need there and then save as a DFX (I have the DFX Importer software), but was wondering if the regular Carvewright software has a way of doing this. I think I have drove Connie batty with all the questions I've asked her, and she has been a saint with her help. Any help on this one appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawdust Jeff View Post
    Being new myself I'm not sure this is how to do all this, but here goes. My name is Jeff & I am from Wichita, KS. I think I have brain fog from looking at all the tutorials etc and still not figuring out how to get rounded corners when I draw a rectangular box on a board. I've been a corel draw user for years, and it is very easy to do that with that software. Perhaps I can draw what I need there and then save as a DFX (I have the DFX Importer software), but was wondering if the regular Carvewright software has a way of doing this. I think I have drove Connie batty with all the questions I've asked her, and she has been a saint with her help. Any help on this one appreciated.
    Hi Jeff, Welcome! I do mine in Corel. I would post this under techniques. Just copy your text from here and paste it into a new post there. I haven't figured it out either, I thought I saw a tutorial, but can't find it now.

Page 41 of 61 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast