Page 39 of 61 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Quote Originally Posted by blhutchens View Post
    So you already getting a second machine?
    I think dust collection is what he was referring

Quote Originally Posted by Mugsowner View Post
    I think dust collection is what he was referring
    You are probably right. I was just thinking about how I started. I needed a second machine because I kept crashing it not knowing what I was doing and had to order parts and wait.
    The good thing was it kept me from carving and made me watch tutorials and read manuals and tips and tricks.
    Its a lot less expensive when you do that before you start carving.
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

3. Question Cutout

Hello my name is Chris and I have a small woodworking shop in my garage and really really want a CW! I downloaded the trial software so I could see what it was all about and what it could do. I have a question about cutouts. How do you tell the CW that you want the design to be cut out? Also I couldn't find any information on the CW Layaway program offered for the CW. I have purchased all the tools needed for the home shop Bandsaw, thickness planner, joiner, table sale, router table and all the other fun gadgets. Keep in mind I love working with wood but don't really have any skills. My stuff usually turns out pretty crappy but the doesn't bother me one bit! I have a very stressful day job and the wood really helps me forget about the day and unwind. Also the router bits that for the CW seem to regular looking router bits, are you able to use your own router bits or is there some special about the CW bits I just can't see. Thanks you for any help!

greetings from Vermont. My name is Gary, and live in Derby, Vt. I bought a Compucarve last June from a friend. I have been playing with it since Dec.
    Im just starting a Business called "Church Mouse Artistry" with my new Bride and Soulmate Trish. she makes Primative Dolls and such and I woodcarve, Mushroom Etch,Oil Paint and Knot~Fancy Ropework (Nautical) old Navy.. Any way it is a great pleasure to meet all of you. " Knotworkin"

Hello, Keith here, and as you probably have already guessed by the user name, from North Carolina. The machine just arrived today, already read the manual and watched the DVD. A friend started a woodworking business and invited me in with him, enjoy the work, so I bought this machine as a way to expand our venture. I look forward to learning from all of you that have experience with the carvewright.

Welcome to Keith, Gary & Chris!

Chris...cutouts can be designed using the drawing tools, importing from third party with DXF Importer, or by outlining an existing pattern. CarveTight Spindle (on newer machines) need the 1/4" split collet and the 1/4" rubber stop collars. 1/2" router bits need the 1/2" rubber stop collars. Old-style Quick Change chuck has adapters you can purchase and put on with locktite.

Happy Carving & Welcome to the Forum.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Gary and Keith,

Welcome to the CarveWright community! Please feel free to ask any question you might have. Also make sure you spend some time in the support section to view/read the tutorials and tips and tricks.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Welcome Gary & Keith. This forum has the best information for your carvewrights that you could ever ask for. Keith, the best of luck in your new woodworking business with your friend.

Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

Quote Originally Posted by Knotworkin View Post
    greetings from Vermont. My name is Gary, and live in Derby, Vt. I bought a Compucarve last June from a friend. I have been playing with it since Dec.
    Im just starting a Business called "Church Mouse Artistry" with my new Bride and Soulmate Trish. she makes Primative Dolls and such and I woodcarve, Mushroom Etch,Oil Paint and Knot~Fancy Ropework (Nautical) old Navy.. Any way it is a great pleasure to meet all of you. " Knotworkin"
    Greetings Gary, I am in Greenfield MAss, just down the road! Okay, it's a long road but in the world of CarveWright owners, we are neighbors. If you ever head south on I-91 give me a call and swing by. And if I am going to Canada, I'll let you know (and yes! I have been to Derby about 20 years ago. Pretty town.)

10. Default

Hello,
    My name is Greg and I live just south of Nashville TN. Would love to hear from any other middle Tennessee carvers out there. Would also like to hear from anyone in West Tennessee as that is where I am originally from and visit there often.

Page 39 of 61 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast