Page 33 of 61 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Some carvers will use a third party program such as Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator to convert fonts to vectors and export them to a .dxf file. You can import them into the Designer and assign a bit to the depth you choose. I do it all the time to carve my signature on the back of most of my projects. It really isn't very pretty but, works well for a signature.
    Steve

Captain George,

Welcome to the Forum and we hope you are enjoying your new CW.

With regard to your concern using the Centerline Text function for those plaques may I suggest you consider another option if the letters are large. Take your same design for a plaque with its lettering and just change the type from Centerline to Raster carve. Save that change and look at the design again. Now select the text and click on the Invert button. What you will see are letters cut into the board like the photo below using the regular 1/16" carving bit. Try setting the lettering depth to see what looks good to you and creates nice shadows in the letters.

I'm using this method for a whole set of nine different large signs for outdoor display where they must be all the same font at about 3" tall and readable from the street. This was a 1/2 scale sample carved 4.5" tall by 22.5" wide for the customers approval with my bid. Just a suggestion.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0028-001.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	2.27 MB 
ID:	70928 These will be finished dark oak with gold filled letters and coated with high gloss spar varnish for good weather and UV resistance.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Hello All - ABETRMAN (Johnny) here. Just purchased my CW. Looking forward to learning and enjoying this craft. Thanks in advance for the welcomes and the lessons I will learn from everyone.

Welcome Johnny
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by abetrman View Post
    Hello All - ABETRMAN (Johnny) here. Just purchased my CW. Looking forward to learning and enjoying this craft. Thanks in advance for the welcomes and the lessons I will learn from everyone.
    Johnny,

Welcome to the CarveWright and forum. Make sure you visit the support section http://www.carvewright.com/support-page/ on the main CarveWright site. Lots of helpful information to get you up and carving.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Johnny, welcome to the CarveWright family. I said family because that is how I view the people on this forum.
    George

8. Default

Thank you very much. I truly thought it was me. Thanks again.

Capt. Bruce...I love the view from your back deck!!
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

10. Default

Hello all,
    new but not... i've had the carvewright for a year or so when i was building cabinets. i have a remodeling company here on padre island tx, but got so busy (booked for 2.5 years as of now) i had to start subbing out the cabinets again. So now the carvewright will just be for me. but anyways my computer crashed and i lost the program and cant for the life of me figure out how to get it going again... any help would be great. thanks LEE

Page 33 of 61 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast