Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Newb here, contemplating purchase of a new 'C' w/ all of the bells and whistles. I don't know a raster from a vector but fortunately I have young people in the house to guide me.
    I have a closet sized shop full of Festool kit, including a couple of their fabulously great but overpriced dust evacuation vacs, one of which I hope to see connected to a CW in the near future.

Dance0001 here.
    I have been into woodworking since I got out of high school. ( which has been several years ago.) I have had the carvewright
    (sears brand) for around 4 or 5 years. I love it. I have learned a lot from this forum and I encourage everyone that is interested in the carvewright to check out the forum. I have learned to work on the machine and repair most things. I also do a lot of other woodworking, I have just about every kind of wood working tool imaginable, and I love it!

Smile New Here

Just wanted to say Im new. Got a carvewright for Christmas and been learning as i go. Thanks for all the post. They have been a huge help in getting through some of the learning time.

Im In West Texas if there is anyone else out this way with a carvewright i would like to hear from you.

Thanks

Robert

4. Default

New to this forum. Bought a "new, never used" carvewright off ebay, and am interested in using it to increase my shops capabilities.
    My focus is stairs, doors and custom millwork, and I think once I get the hang of this, it should suit my needs quite well (albeit a lot slower than the $70k monster CNC's my competitors have, but the same result at the end of the day -or 2 )

most specifically, I am seeking out anyone who has successfully integrated one of these machines with a Legacy Mill?
    if you or anyone you know fits this profile, please let me know, as this is my first intent once I get the basic fundamentals of this.

I look forward to meeting some of you, and am always willing to share my areas of expertise (millwork, joinery, fabrication, finish carpentry and manufacturing)

My focus is stairs, doors
    As a licensed Millwright and cabinet guy " retired" I would suggest using a 1.25" or bigger, spindle shaper for doors and stairs. The CW will do a good job for inhancing the big stuff.
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 05-28-2011 at 10:51 PM.

willing to share my areas of expertise (millwork, joinery, fabrication, finish carpentry and manufacturing)
    Welcome to the forums, looks like we share the same areas of expertise

Legacy Mill?
    I need to get out more, I've never heard of the Legacy Mill?. Thats a very cool
    machine, Im going to have to make that my next toy.

Don Olivas Guest

I am new to this what wood is best to use for the carvwrite machine.

8. Default

Just thought I would drop in here and introduce ourselves. My husband and I bought a Carvewright thru Jason Allen this September so that we could start our own carving business. We're serial entrepreneurs who have about 5 failed business attempts under our belt at the age of 30 and plan on selling wooden toys as well as lithopanes. We have three little boys 4,2 and 3 months and we essentially want to make good gifts for our family and allow others to buy them.

9. Default

Hello J & J Roberson ... welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by JMRoberson View Post
    Just thought I would drop in here and introduce ourselves. My husband and I bought a Carvewright thru Jason Allen this September so that we could start our own carving business. We're serial entrepreneurs who have about 5 failed business attempts under our belt at the age of 30 and plan on selling wooden toys as well as lithopanes. We have three little boys 4,2 and 3 months and we essentially want to make good gifts for our family and allow others to buy them.
    Welcome to the CarveWright community! Check in often to find out what is going on and post any questions you might have. Make sure you read up on the tips and tricks newsletters.

Happy carving!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast