Page 22 of 61 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

My name is Keith, I am a full time Firefighter looking for a hobby / B-job opportunity. I ordered my machine last Thursday and have cleared a spot in my garage / shop and am waiting to get this thing rolling! Any advise help would be GREAT! Looking to make signs for local campers or local campgrounds just for a start.

Welcome!
    Down load software, read all the manual, tips and tricks and stay with the form.
    glad you came here first, Gary
    OLD SALT

Member CarveWright Start U team

Hello, my name is Gary. I've had my carvewright for a couple of months now. I am a furniture refinisher by trade and work part-time at the local Woodcraft store. I teach a finishing class at the store about every other month. I also teach a class on making longbows - a bamboo backed hickory longbow to be specific - also about every other month. My hobbies are pen turning and making walking canes.

Along with my basic carvewright, I've purchased the Centerline Text and Conforming Vectors software. What I plan to do is make relief portraits.

I've learned a lot by visiting this forum and I thought it was time to hopefully make some positive contributions myself.

Gary
    www.militarypensplus.com

Hello, My names Bill, Just purchased a CW and waiting for delivery which should be in two days .Bought the Sign making kit( build your own) from the website.
    Just a little about me.
    I'm 67 going on 68, retired Master Clock Maker. Ran my own Antique Clock shop (repair and sells) for over 15 years. I keep in business when others were going under by fully restoring antique clock cases. That's where I got into scroll sawing and working with the scroll saw now for the past ten years. All total I've been doing wood working now for over 35 years. Now if I had this 20 years ago, I won't have turned down so many clock cases that had broken or missing parts that would take 2 arms and a leg to buy and months to fine if ever.

Bill

Gary and bill, welcome. Lots of nice carvers here and they are always willing to help, so just ask if you have a problem or question.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Welcome!! A Master Clock Maker and a Master finisher!! Well welcome to the party, if you need anything just ask! This is the easiest forum to get along on. We LIKE newbies!
    "Carved with Love"

Happiness comes from within.
    But joy comes from helping others.

Measure twice... and then sneak up on it!

7. Default

Welcome to you both, Gary and Bill, I'm looking forward to seeing some of your projects. Sounds like you both have a lot to offer the forum.

yep, welcome Gary and Bill! (and sorry I missed your post until now Gary)

You are likely to have questions- we're here to help whenever we can - I promise you that there
    are no dumb questions here

Lawrence

Welcome to you both Bill and Gary.
    Happy Carving

Robert D.
    rcdages

CarveWright START U Team Member.

The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut
    that held it's ground.

Greetings all,

My real nickname is Chip and was lucky enough to get to use it as my "whatever that is called in the upper left hand corner".

This is the first forum I have ever joined having only looked at forums for app. the last 15 years. I bought my Carvewright 2 months ago and finally turned it on last night, uploaded a file to run, and everything went well until..., the spindle would not turn on.

Well, on over to the Carvetight forum to get some real expert advice! (anyone else in the NW Houston area?)

Page 22 of 61 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast