Page 17 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Robkjv1611 View Post
    Take the time to learn the machine, spend time in the forum and you will save yourself alot of time and money.
    Rob
    That's my hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallo View Post
    Excellent resource. I had checked out the site, but never seen that part. I wonder - has anyone assembled a similar, logically laid out list of things over and above the manufacturer's recommendations? The sorts of things that people who've learned the ropes look back on and wish they had done differently at the outset? I see a lot of good info scattered throughout the forums, but I have yet to find a master list of essentials (like adding dust collection, for example.)
    That was the initial purpose of this sticky: http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...ie-Should-Know
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    That was the initial purpose of this sticky: http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...ie-Should-Know
    Well, excellent. It had looked like a sea of "RTFM" posts, until I read the whole thread. Good info. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallo View Post
    Well, excellent. It had looked like a sea of "RTFM" posts, until I read the whole thread. Good info. Thanks!
    Well, that's what was supposed to be a positive thing... gone bad. Especially, if RTFM means what I think it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Well, that's what was supposed to be a positive thing... gone bad. Especially, if RTFM means what I think it does.
    It does.

I just realized that the reason I missed the good bits is that the forum defaults to showing newest posts first, rather than last. This is the opposite of nearly every other forum I've ever joined. I changed my settings, and will now be seeing the beginnings of threads right from the get-go. Life is good.

Default New to forum, but not to CNC

Hi.

My name is Jim and I'm a carvaholic....

I'm the tech manager for a medium sized cabinet shop in my day job. I support our Cabinet Vision design software, as well as maintain and repair PCs and shop machines- including our 5x10 KOMO CNC router. I'm the sole user of AlphaCAM and ArtCAM. Unfortunately I don't get the chance to play with ArtCAM and the KOMO often enough, so I bought a used Carvewright model B yesterday, and I'm waiting for it to be shipped. When it comes in I plan to install the upgrade belts, and purchase either a Rock Chuck or the CarveTight spindle.

Looking forward to making sawdust with this machine.

Any advice is quite welcome!

Jim,

Welcome to the CW forum! Hoping your machine makes it's trip safely so you get off to a great start.

Take the time to read up here and also on the support section on the main CW site.

Looking forward to you sharing your cnc background and projects!!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Hey everyone.. My name is Jeremy.. I've had my carvewright bout 3 weeks now.. Just wanted to say I love it.. I've been lurking around the forum reading as much as I can and just ordered a dc insert for my machine.. Just wanted to say hi and what an excellent forum.

Welcome to the VORTEX!! Glad you could join us. When you get a chance show us some of the fruits of your labor.

Dave
    The Magic of making Sawdust.

10. Default

Hi Jim and Jeremy! Welcome to the club!

Page 17 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast