Page 14 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Hello My name is Rick, I am located in Western NC. A buddy of mine and myself pooled our cash and purchased a new machine just before Christmas. So far we have been blown away by its capabilities! Might get a second machine soon!

In love with it!

Hi Rick. Welcome to the family!

When you get a chance, please post some photos of your work in the gallery. We would love to see what you're making!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Hello Folks...

My name is Pete and I live on the Northern State line of Wisconsin. I'm not new here but I don't post a lot. I have an early machine that I believe I bought in 2006. I figure I'm overdue to introduce myself.

I wasn't using my CW much until I retired from a job in Worldwide Technology Engineering (IT) at Pfizer, Inc. and moved here to WI. I believe I was one of the first to carve a double-sided pattern of a fish (my first project). I believe I posted the pics years ago. Lately I've been carving lamp bases and some other things I sell on consignment at a local shop in Boulder Junction, WI. I also carve mantels/signs/etc for friends and neighbors. I'm currently trying to perfect carving silhouttes into bookmarks made from 1/16" cherry veneer.

I have had great advise from members of this forum over the years. You have saved me hours of time with your help and advise.

Warmest regards...

Pete
    Last edited by Northwoods Woodcrafter; 01-10-2013 at 09:09 PM.

Red face good to know another carvewrite in Northern Wisconson. Got my machine in Dec

Amazing what you can do with these machines. Days are too short . Retired in May. Do not know how I had time to work. usually get to Boulder Juction every summer for a day.

Quote Originally Posted by pgrinde View Post
    Amazing what you can do with these machines. Days are too short . Retired in May. Do not know how I had time to work. usually get to Boulder Juction every summer for a day.
    Paul, Good to see you on the forum, welcome! Share some of your work with us. Happy Carving!

Always great to meet good folks from the great state of Wisconsin. I just left my place on Lake Gogebic about 45 minutes from Boulder just over the border in Michigan. My wife loves Boulder Junction (especially the Cranberry Shop). We go to and through there a dozen times a year or so and I will be sure to keep my eye out for Pete's work.
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com
    Facebook Page: click FB button on web page

Bessemer, MI (shop location)
    Lake Gogebic, MI (where I hang my hat)

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...

Default Hello from Ponchatoula LA

My name is Bruce Caliva, nick name Cooter Brown.
    I bought my Carvewright in May 2012. I attended the conference in Houston but did not stay at the hotel and just went to the meeting and then my wife and I did our own thing. I have been carving a little mostly flags for the yard that you can see if you go to my web site. I also have made a few growth charts, and several rocking horses, using the CW. I enjoy the doing the work and look forward to doing more with the machine this year. I have a subscription to the project of the month, but have not done any of them. I have been on the forum since the conference but have posted very little but have learned a lot. Still learning how to navigate around. Actually I bought the CW because I used to do monogramming, and thought that what I new in that software would be about the same, now I know it is not even close. I am learning ever day. Anyway that's my story as I get more familiar with the forum I will ask more questions and answer any if I think I can help.

Bonney Lake, Washington, United States, 113160055365328, Bonney Lake, Washington

Hi Bruce
    So glad you are sticking with it and doing some projects. It is an awesome machine and can bring much joy to your wood working. Please post your projects when you finish them.
    Tom Watson
    Two CW's and D.C.-Top Mount Insert @ Ringneckblues.com Get the dust out!!
    50" X 48" PDJ Pilot Pro CNC http://www.pdjinc.com

Check out my Facebook page for current carvings at http://www.facebook.com/signsinwood

Watsons Wooden Words http://www.signsinwood.com & Messages in Wood http://www.messagesinwood.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtyme View Post
    Always great to meet good folks from the great state of Wisconsin. I just left my place on Lake Gogebic about 45 minutes from Boulder just over the border in Michigan. My wife loves Boulder Junction (especially the Cranberry Shop). We go to and through there a dozen times a year or so and I will be sure to keep my eye out for Pete's work.
    John... I have some carvings at Molly's. She and her fiance Scott Kimball ran a place called The Homestead just North of Boulder. Unfortunately, Scott passed away a few years ago... a tragic story, really. He and his father were two of the foremost experts in fish decoys (fish carved and weighted and fished as decoys for spearfishing in a darkhouse). You can still buy their books on the subject published in the mid eightees but they'll run you a bit of $. Molly now has another spot on M a bit closer to town. My wife loves the Cranberry shop as well. They recently expanded in a larger building.

If you stop at Molly's, tell her Pete sent you.
    Last edited by Northwoods Woodcrafter; 01-11-2013 at 08:51 PM.

Thanks for the info Pete. We will certainly stop and see Molly on our next time through. We have been to the new Cranberry Shop location and it is a good thing I can haul a few things back to the lake to keep the bride happy. I grew up not too far from Presque Isle and did spend a week there one night ....
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com
    Facebook Page: click FB button on web page

Bessemer, MI (shop location)
    Lake Gogebic, MI (where I hang my hat)

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...

Page 14 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast