Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 577

Thread: Introduce Yourself

  1. Default

    Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I went back into photoshop and redrew the lines in the trouble areas. Worked like a champ, project is cutting as I type. Thank you.

  2. #492
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Brentwood, CA 94513
    Posts
    12

    Default

    I have been working with wood for over 40 years (furniture, Toys, etc.) and have decided to move into new type of projects using the CW system. I have gone through a lot of the forum and I must say there is a lot of good information! I have had my unit for about a month now with several projects completed. I found that using the CW over band saw if certainly the way to go. Now I find myself trying to decide among the may suggestions my wife has offered. I initially has a problem with the ends of the boards but build the UCB and that quickly solved that issue.

  3. #493
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Northern Colorado
    Posts
    7,647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyT View Post
    I have been working with wood for over 40 years (furniture, Toys, etc.) and have decided to move into new type of projects using the CW system. I have gone through a lot of the forum and I must say there is a lot of good information! I have had my unit for about a month now with several projects completed. I found that using the CW over band saw if certainly the way to go. Now I find myself trying to decide among the may suggestions my wife has offered. I initially has a problem with the ends of the boards but build the UCB and that quickly solved that issue.
    GuyT,

    Welcome to the forum and glad to see you are taking advantage of all the great information here. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

    Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group


    All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyT View Post
    I have been working with wood for over 40 years (furniture, Toys, etc.) and have decided to move into new type of projects using the CW system. I have gone through a lot of the forum and I must say there is a lot of good information! I have had my unit for about a month now with several projects completed. I found that using the CW over band saw if certainly the way to go. Now I find myself trying to decide among the may suggestions my wife has offered. I initially has a problem with the ends of the boards but build the UCB and that quickly solved that issue.
    Welcome, cant wait to see some pics of things you make.

  5. #495

    Default

    My name is Bruce. I am new with the Carvewright system. I have used one years ago and wish to start a project that includes Text on Text carving. I really like Mary Amick serve the lord plaque that had first name on top of last name. How does one do that? I have been using this forum for guidance, thanks all.

  6. #496
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bryan, Ohio
    Posts
    361

    Default

    Bruce,
    try starting with a rectangle carve area with a depth of .250 last name depth .250 height 100. First name depth .250 height 250. adjust height of first names if you see any push through of last name. graphic heights should not be set any higher than the first name height. Also add some draft to the lettering.

  7. #497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmock View Post
    Bruce,
    try starting with a rectangle carve area with a depth of .250 last name depth .250 height 100. First name depth .250 height 250. adjust height of first names if you see any push through of last name. graphic heights should not be set any higher than the first name height. Also add some draft to the lettering.
    I will give it a try thank you

  8. Default

    Hello,

    My name is Ron Martinez from California.
    I am new to this forum and to the CarveWright system.

    I am retired and finding the CW system that has caught my eye. I purchased the CW from Craftman's 7 years ago, thinking I would use it later on. And now is the time.
    I did have the CW updated recently and have been learning the system and software. Looking forward many project and fun moving forward.

  9. #499
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Northern Colorado
    Posts
    7,647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RonMartinez View Post
    Hello,

    My name is Ron Martinez from California.
    I am new to this forum and to the CarveWright system.

    I am retired and finding the CW system that has caught my eye. I purchased the CW from Craftman's 7 years ago, thinking I would use it later on. And now is the time.
    I did have the CW updated recently and have been learning the system and software. Looking forward many project and fun moving forward.
    Ron,

    Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing you projects. If you have any questions please ask away.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

    Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group


    All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

  10. #500

    Default New to CW system... bought a used machine off craigslist - did I mess up?

    Hi my name is Ronn, Ive been recently getting into woodworking and saw a deal on craigslist I couldn't pass up.. CW system at 1/3 the retail price. I bought it and brought it home the seller even threw in a probe for me I got 2 install disks as well. I installed the software on my mac and tried registering it, come to find out the machine is still under his name and I cannot register the software. is there a work around for this? The seller was kind enough to let me know if I had any problems with the software I could return the system. Im sure Im the first person to run into this issue. whats the most effective way for me to get my "new to me" CW system / software running. Currently Im only using the DEMO but ive got 29 days left from my 30 total. hoping for some good news thank you

Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •