Page 43 of 61 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Very nice work Eddie! Keep on rolling!

Great work Eddie! You are off to a great start! Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Eddie,

Welcome to the forum! It looks like you are catching on quickly, nice looking carves.

Hope you also ordered the flex shaft lube when you got your new shaft.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Excellent projects. Really like the saying on the Owl Plaque.

Welcome to the CarveWright Forum Eddie,

It's good to have you with us and it looks like you are catching on quickly with your CW. Sorry to hear your flexshaft bit the dirt but it has happened to all of us at one time or another. I second Floyd's recommendation of the CW lubricant when you have occasion to order something else. It would be fairly expensive to pay the shipping on that alone but combined with bits or other parts it is well worth having and will help ensure the shaft you have will last for a year or more based upon my experience.
    Again, good to have you among us and we always enjoy seeing what our friends are making for themselves and others.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

I would like to welcome every new person getting on the forum, there is a wealth of knowledge here someone is always willing to help, in about 6 to 8 months you will have to have a intervention to slow down on the carvewright and quit buying wood..lol

Bonney Lake, Washington, United States, 113160055365328, Bonney Lake, Washington

Beautiful carvings Eddie! You are off to a great start!
    Tom Watson
    Two CW's and D.C.-Top Mount Insert @ Ringneckblues.com Get the dust out!!
    50" X 48" PDJ Pilot Pro CNC http://www.pdjinc.com

Check out my Facebook page for current carvings at http://www.facebook.com/signsinwood

Watsons Wooden Words http://www.signsinwood.com & Messages in Wood http://www.messagesinwood.com/

Nice work Eddie glad you shard view of your work.
    Jeff

Well, I guess I need to "re-introduce" myself.
    I bought my Carvewright in October of 2007, less than 300 hrs on it...I know it's horrible. But, I had so many medical issues for all those years and just going out to my shop (30' away) was SO painful.
    Well, my body decided to "bounce back" and I am getting ready to start using it again.

I will have to start all over as I have forgotten everything about the machine, software and almost forgot what sawdust smelled like. LOL

I look forward to picking everyone's brains, reading up and making "designer firewood" over the next few months.

One question, should I upgraded the machine now? Or wait until I start to become familiar with it again? It's a Version "A", with all the bells and whistles we could get then. I know the software will need to be updated...I think I may have upgraded it last time to 1.187 or something like that. I have to even look if I have that computer still.

Anyway, good to be back.
    A person has to know their limitations, I know I have none..

Hello Ed!

Long time "no see". I am so glad to hear your health has improved and you will be able to get back to carving again. One of my favorite commissioned jobs was creating your Turkey Branch logo pattern years ago.

As far as upgrading now...I don't think that is necessary if everything is in good working order. Just clean and lube everything and run a couple test carves (maybe carve your logo for a test?) If you run into any memory blocks, check with the forum members before running a project or if you need any help troubleshooting (or you can always call me, of course). In other words "holler" if you need help!

Both of my running machines are "A" machines and work perfectly. The only upgrades were the rubber belts, new tracking roller and CarveTight chuck on one of them, and the other still has sandpaper belts and I finally retired the Quick Chuck on it and upgraded to the CarveTight. BTW, the Quick Chuck worked fine on both machines, but the CarveTight chuck is indeed better. If you upgrade anything, that should probably be first on your list.

You MAY need to replace the sandpaper belts, as they might have dried out and become brittle and/or the glue seam on the belts may have weakened over time. I recently had to replace the sandpaper belts on the one machine...lasted almost eight years before the glue-seam started to fail.

For "old-time's" sake, I took a peek at the original files for the logo I made for you and was reminiscing how much I enjoyed making that pattern for you!

Welcome back, my friend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TurkeyBranch_Logo_front.png   TurkeyBranch_Logo_iso.png  
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 10-06-2015 at 07:38 AM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Page 43 of 61 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast