Quote Originally Posted by Powell901 View Post
Hello, my name is Mark. I purchased my CW 8 years ago, retired 3 years ago and am finally getting time to dig into my “retirement machine”. I’ve gotten on to the forum and have been poking around getting information here. I have carved a number of projects including signs, the Kuerig coffee rack and religious items.

I am curious where forum members are getting their raw materials from. Typically I have used clear pine or oak from Home Depot. At times I have been fortunate enough to get reclaimed lumber from friends. Today’s prices are extreme so I would like to know if I am missing a source or a particular species.
Here is the last sign I carved for my sister’s retirement home business: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	88669
Glad to hear that you have the long list all done so that you can now spend some time carving!

Yes the lumber/wood availability and prices are a big issue right now. Look for lumber mills in your area. A lot of them advertise on Craigs list and the Market place. Nice sign for your sister..