Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Introduce Yourself

We welcome you to the CarveWright Community Forum.

Please introduce yourself so that we may get to know you.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

I could not resist....

AL "who" here.... Got the nickname when I called LHR one time and said this was AL.... Digitalwoodshop.... She said "AL "who".... So the Urban Myth goes....

I am a self proclaimed compulsive poster.... With over 5000 posts since 2007... I spend time each day here posting advice good and sometimes bad....

A retired Navy Chief and Electronics Tech with 8 years with Sony fixing everything from Fanuc Robots at a Picture Tube Plant to Play Stations at the former Philly Service Center....

Now I run my business making Tourist Stuff, Signs, and Fire Dept Safety Products.

I am on top of the world this week as I just got a $10K Fire Tag order... Topping my last year's 15 Kentucky Fire Dept $5K order...

I use my CW to cut the Tag Stock and Wood Handles for my Fire stuff plus Maltese Clocks.

This is a GREAT PLACE and the machine fits my need very well..... I was going to cut the tags for this big order on my CW, 30 sheets 12 x 24 at 30 min each. But they decided on a 1.5 x 3 tag that I can get pre cut from my supplier.... to save time, It will go the easy route this time and give the CW a rest.... I will cut 8 wood handles for Accountability Boards for the order....

It is going to be a GREAT year....

AL "who"
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

3. Default

Daniel here..

Full time Paramedic / Firefighter, owner operator of Quarry Designs Wood Working otherwise, had my CW about 6 months wish I had more time to work with it but the furniture business has been almost overwhelming since the first of the year..

https://www.facebook.com/QuarryDesignsWoodWorking

Hey My name is Kevin ( ktjwilliams)... Live in New Jersey.... I just received an email that my machine has shipped.. (2/21/2011).... I can't wait,,, any and all advise is welcomed..... I retired so I'm alwayzzz around...
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

Bonney Lake, Washington, United States, 113160055365328, Bonney Lake, Washington

Welcome to the CW club. Keep reading what is posted, read the tips and tricks and you will have lots of fun.
    I am looking forward to your post and completed projects.
    Enjoy!
    Tom Watson
    Two CW's and D.C.-Top Mount Insert @ Ringneckblues.com Get the dust out!!
    50" X 48" PDJ Pilot Pro CNC http://www.pdjinc.com

Check out my Facebook page for current carvings at http://www.facebook.com/signsinwood

Watsons Wooden Words http://www.signsinwood.com & Messages in Wood http://www.messagesinwood.com/

cnc hiker Guest

Cool Newbie here

After pondering the purchase of a CW for over 6 months I finally took the plunge. While waiting on my dust collection system to arrive, I had to experiment with the new machine. I must have been so excited that I didn't set the correct height to the feed tray rollers. On the third carve I ripped a feed belt. My fault. That just gave me a good reason to order the heavy duty belts and get aquainted with the internals of the CW. New belts on and working like a charm.
    Kiley

Quote Originally Posted by cnc hiker View Post
    After pondering the purchase of a CW for over 6 months I finally took the plunge. While waiting on my dust collection system to arrive, I had to experiment with the new machine. I must have been so excited that I didn't set the correct height to the feed tray rollers. On the third carve I ripped a feed belt. My fault. That just gave me a good reason to order the heavy duty belts and get aquainted with the internals of the CW. New belts on and working like a charm.
    Kiley
    Kiley,

Hope it is smooth carving from this point on!!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

cnc hiker Guest

FWHarris,

I received the dust collector a few days ago. Looks great. I'm just waiting on my vacuum system. Thanks
    Kiley

9. Default

New to this forum. Bought a "new, never used" carvewright off ebay, and am interested in using it to increase my shops capabilities.
    My focus is stairs, doors and custom millwork, and I think once I get the hang of this, it should suit my needs quite well (albeit a lot slower than the $70k monster CNC's my competitors have, but the same result at the end of the day -or 2 )

most specifically, I am seeking out anyone who has successfully integrated one of these machines with a Legacy Mill?
    if you or anyone you know fits this profile, please let me know, as this is my first intent once I get the basic fundamentals of this.

I look forward to meeting some of you, and am always willing to share my areas of expertise (millwork, joinery, fabrication, finish carpentry and manufacturing)

My focus is stairs, doors
    As a licensed Millwright and cabinet guy " retired" I would suggest using a 1.25" or bigger, spindle shaper for doors and stairs. The CW will do a good job for inhancing the big stuff.
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 05-28-2011 at 10:51 PM.

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast