Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Welcome! You are in the right place. You won't find a more helpful group willing to share their knowledge .
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

2. Default

Hello my wife Desiree and I purchased a new carvewright and it should be delivered in a couple hours. We have been using vinyl cutting machines and lasers for the last 6 years and are now going to try this out. Working in 2D has gone very well, not sure how difficult 3D is going to be!! We have been watching a lot of the tutorials and reading through the vast amounts of information and it is a welcome sign to see so many people helping each other on this forum. I am pretty sure my wife will use it more than me over the next few years as she will be home more than I will. I am a senior chief in the navy and up for orders to go back to sea on my 4th submarine in about 8 months.

Welcome, Senior Chief and Desiree!
    You have come to the right place. Any and all questions/problems Carvewright related are welcome. This is a super friendly group so don't ever be shy. Hope your tour is uneventful and fulfilling. Be safe out there...
    George

4. Default

So I got the machine, took it out of the box have it all set up, tried to register it and it tells me the serial number from the side of the machine has already been used. Anyone have any ideas or will I have to sort this out with support? Unit was purchased directly from carvewright brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangert78 View Post
    So I got the machine, took it out of the box have it all set up, tried to register it and it tells me the serial number from the side of the machine has already been used. Anyone have any ideas or will I have to sort this out with support? Unit was purchased directly from carvewright brand new.
    See my reply to your other post...
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

6. Default

So I found out today that CW sent me a previously purchased machine. Try to go through the setup up and the head will not lower. It has a huge crack in it. I am not saying this isn't a good machine however in 10 years they should have figured out how to ship a machine and not break them. This one was shipped to 2 different people and didn't work on arrival. I do not approve of CW' business practices as I purchaed a brand new machine from the and esencially got a used one without notification. This is unacceptable, and as such I requested my money back less there 10% cut/restocking fee. This will be my last post on here but there will be plenty online and other sites to ensure everyone knows how they treated me. Good luck with everyone's endeavors and I wish you all the best of luck.

Holy Smokes! Sounds like a terrible mistake was made in the shipping and/or the quality control department! This does not sound like the CarveWright company we all know here. I am puzzled how that happened in the first place. I'll bet it will never happen again!

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience - certainly not the norm by any means. Surely, whoever you spoke with must have made every effort to get you a new replacement as soon as possible? I'm so sorry you have gone through such an unusual ordeal. I can understand how you must feel. Shoot! I wish it could have been the normal excitement of getting a new machine to enjoy. Man, I'm almost grieving for you. Don't know what else to say.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Hello everyone, my name is kevin I've been doing hobby woodworking for about 12 years now and just got my first carvewright. I'm hoping to learn a lot from this forum and have fun with it

Hi Kevin. Welcome!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

10. Default Hello

Hi to all. My name is Jim and obviously is new to carving. Have been doing furniture construction for a number of years, so carving is a logical extension. Hope to hear from many knowledgeable people with help for a novice with questions.

Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast