Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Welcome PghDrake,
    Sounds like you are filling the toy box at a pretty good pace. As stated earlier sounds like you need a new garage. H. F. has a portable that holds up fairly well. I have one I keep a crawler in. Just a idea. Hope you enjoy the wood working world.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    From the sounds of things you need a new garage!
    Hah - I mean who doesn't need more garage? That said I'm doing pretty well with space, all things considered - Everything is either on wheels or on shelves, all work surfaces at equal height so I can make everything mobile and easily workable. In the warmer months I'd have the door open and everything out. Now I just might have a thing or two in the driveway if I do that.

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

-Don

3. Default

New here, and found a cheap Craftsman Compucarve at a local auction with one bit and a couple of programmers and memory cards. Looks like it has been upgraded since it has the Carvetight spindle and the sandpaper base. I can't wait to experiment some once I get comfortable with it. I already have a complete wood shop of mostly vintage tools with the core pieces being my grandfather's tools, and I sell some of my work. I have tons of random boards just waiting for some kind of project. Machine tested and works, just got it registered to me, now to get some more bits and learn the software.

Hi Jeffrey and Welcome!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Welcome Jeffery, Hope the machine preforms well for you. The Carvetite spindle is an upgrade, however the sand paper belts are not. They work, but do tend to slip now and then. There is a few points that you may want to lube before you unleash the beast.

Welcome Jeffery! Don't hesitate to come to the Forum and ask questions. There will always be someone to give you expert advice. This is a great group, always willing to give valuable advice! Happy carving!!!

7. Default

Hi everyone my name is Ron. I am new here but it looks like im in the right place to learn how to run one of these machines. I recently purchased a brand new Carvewright machine. Looks like it will show up at my shop this afternoon some time. I cant wait to get it set up and running.

8. Default

Hello all. My name is Brad. I believe I joined this forum last year some time when I got my CW. I originally purchased through a sells rep with craftsmen who had it in the back and was trying to get rid of it as it was taking up space. So I received it without any of the software, card reader or any of the normal stuff that youd get with a brand new machine. So I bought all of that and then more on top of that-alot of the design software. But I kept having to replace parts, more and more every week. Through some trials and money, I got some projects out of it. Recently, the traction belt broke/tore and now I'm trying to track down one of those to get it back up and running. Working with the computer software has been challenging at times as well but I trial it and most times it goes well. They are basic designs, like the star field on a flag. But I want more out of it and if anyone has any tips to get more out of it, id be more then glad to listen.

A bit about me, I'm a 36 year old guy that does most of time yelling at soldiers (Drill Sergeant) in the Army. On my "off time", I enjoy doing wood work. It helps me relax and get away a little bit. Last year when I bought the machine, I actually had a small business that I had going on the side - making going away gifts for Soldiers, or gifts for anniversaries and such. Recently, my wife and I have decided to start doing that again and ultimately doing that when I retire from the military next year. There is much more about wood working id like to know and find out. Most of the time- my learning curve is thru trial and error which can get costly at times.

But I look forward to being a part of a group that help me grow as a wood worker, especially with the CW. Thanks!

Brad
    Augusta, GA

Brad,

This a a great source for the sandpaper belts http://customsandingbelts.com

Ask for specify "j" material, Aluminum Oxide Open Coat W-15" x L-13" Grit-120 Dry

Have/are you viewing the learning guide and software videos to learn the software tools?

Let us know what we can help you with.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Brad,

Welcome to the group. Patterns can make or break a design. There are a ton of great ones shared on the forum. Dig through and grab the ones you like or need. Otherwise, all the videos and guides on how to use the CW are a great way to learn the capabilities of the machine.

Last part is just to enjoy all the sawdust flying.

Oscar,

Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast