Page 54 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Al T View Post
    My Name is Al. I am retired now 12 years after selling my business. My woodworking experience is probably in the intermediate range. I have been building cabinets, furniture and ultimate goal is a Hal Taylor rocker. I purchased a used machine with 90 hours. I am not especially software savy and have been fooling around with my machine with some simple stuff and so far NOT pleased with what i've done. but think I could benefit from some "local" hands on support. I live in the Baltimore area.What is the best way through this forum to make contact initially email phone?
    Al,
    Welcome to the forum and the CarveWright community. To find someone that might be close to you look in the Carvoholics area https://forum.carvewright.com/forumd...62-Carvoholics

Also make sure you look through the on line tools https://forum.carvewright.com/forumd...8-Online-Tools

Feel free to ask any question you might have.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

2. Angry New Machine Quit Cutting

Hi All,

I just got a new CW Friday made a few test cuts Saturday, it worked great! I am so excited (or was) Sunday I went through my wood collection and ran some wood through the table saw and planer. Today I put my RingNeckBlues dust collector on the machine and cut a piece of wood to length. Everything worked fine. I put another piece of wood in and tried to do a small carving and the cut motor didn't start. I've spent the last couple of hours trying to get it to cut. It measures and moves around but wont cut. I get: Z Axis Stall Err E06-0324 when trying to cut a board.

So Very Frustrated,

Mike Bates

Dolan here. First post in this thread for 2018. Yay! Picked up a used CW from a local wood worker. Learning the software and already have tons of questions. I'll post them in time. I'll exhaust resources before bugging everyone.

Welcome and ask away. There are a bunch of people on this forum that can answer just about anything that you can throw at them about the CW machine.

Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

I know the feeling i ordered a new one had to send it back, when i got it back still didn't work, so i called them all they told me to do this and that, still didn't work, i mean if we spend that much money we should get a working machine, but then i buy three off the internet go pick them up and they work great, so i know its not me, i still have not used my new one,

Nanpire Guest

Default Newbie Here

Got my machine last night and have it all set up and ready to go. I've reviewed all the info, watched countless YouTube videos, etc. Have tried designing a couple projects, but haven't actually run any yet. Do have a question about trying to do a cut on a word. It seems I'm unable to select "cut" in certain letters (like an "e"). Any suggestions???

Thanks,
    Nancy

Hi Nancy. Welcome!

Are you actually cutting out an "e" or just carving it?

If cutting it out, your "e" will need to be fairly large in order for the 1/8" diameter cutting bit to fit inside the e and still have enough room to leave holding tabs so the part doesn't fly loose inside your machine!

If you are just carving an "e" then you need to create a Carve Region that surrounds the text so that internal parts of letters like a,e,o will carve out properly instead of remaining solid.

Just draw a shape (rectangle, square, circle, whatever) so the shape surrounds all the text. Then click on the Carve Region Tool icon while the shape is still selected. The default depth of the region will be .25". This is usually too deep for carving text. You can change the region depth to something shallower like .125" or .063". Also, select the text and then apply a Small Draft to it. The small Draft creates an angle of 7 degrees on the outside of each letter. This angle is the same as the 1/16" tapered carving bit and helps prevent chip-out when the text is carved. Dont make text too small or it won't Carve well.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

8. Default

My name is Ray and I purchased a CW (new) in December and simply jumped in the deep end of the pool. I have to say, if I wasn't extremely happy with this machine when it works, I might be depressed at the problems I've had. Software issues to start, replaced cut motor at 28 hours, and two projects later the X-drive gears stripped out. But, Chris in support has been great and nothing has been un-fixable. I have purchased over a dozen projects (built 8 so far) from the CW site and have been impressed with the quality. I really want to get into designing my own projects but haven't quite figured out the Z-Axis (depth of design) yet (actually, there is a lot I've yet to figure out). Looking forward to picking the collective wisdom and experience from the community.

Hi Ray - Welcome! Lots of great info here on the Forum as well as Tutorials on the CW website. Holler if you need help, of course.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

10. Default

hI MY NAME IS BILLY ,i BOUGHT MY CW TWO WEEKS AGO HAVENT USED IT YET.STILL TRYING TO LEARN COMPUTER PART ,lOOKING FOWARD TO A LOT OF FUN WITH IT.

Page 54 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast