Page 25 of 61 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Welcome and good job on making your stand for the CarveWright.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzmn View Post
    Greetings everyone!
    I'm Tim from Rochester, Minnesota, our Maker space (The Rabbit Hole) just received our new CarveWright C. Seems very impressive and we're looking forward to getting skilled at it. It's good to know there is an active community out here to call on!

For our first effort we created a toolstand for the CarveWright out of an old filing cabinet. Then for our first carve we created a sign for the workshop.
    I documented the creation of the toolstand here:
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Buil...-File-Cabinet/
    Hi Tim.

So glad you are joining the CarveWright Community! Looking forward to what else you guys come up with and really enjoyed your creativity and 'repurposing' on the file cabinet toolstand project!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

3. Smile Hey All!

Just purchased a used Carvewright and have been busy with using up the scrap I have in the barn. As I look for quality material(s) are there any types of wood I should stay away from? How long should the 1/16" carving bit last?

Glad to be a part and looking forward to my new hobby now that I'm retired after 30 years in the Army! Larry

Good morning Larry and welcome to the Forum,

First our thanks for your 30 years of service to our nation. It is sincerely appreciated. I think you'll find you're among a fine group of people across our country and other countries as well and they all stand ready to assist you when and if you have a question, a problem or would like to show us what you are carving. We'll constructively critique and often praise what you craft because we understand what it takes to design, carve and finish this type of object better than anyone.

Enjoy what you carve, interacting here on line and all there is to learn from the Forum members and the home team in Houston at LHR. It's a fun ride and again Welcome Aboard!
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

5. Smile Hi! I'm thinking of getting a carvewright, but would like to see one in action first

Hi everyone!
    I've been dreaming of getting a Carvewright for years now, and am getting closer each month.

If someone lives in the Akron, Ohio area and wouldn't mind showing off theirs, I'd love to come by and see one in action before I buy. Till then, my dreams continue, and get bigger w each video and pic I see!

Thanks,
    Scott Malensek
    owner,
    The Stew Pot Kitchen
    23 South Main St
    Akron, Ohio 44308

6. Default New Here

I just found this sight and I like what I have been reading. I'm buying a Compucarve next week and very excited about using it. I will have to find time to use it.
    I have been building furniture and also remodeling for 35 years.
    I have my own sawmill which is a Hud-son 230 and have had it for 4 years. I harvest lumber on my brothers place in Rye Texas, Hickory,White Oak,Red Oak,Magnolia,Sweetgum,Yellow pine and holly and a few chestnut trees.
    I love building hope chest and blanket seat chest and have been looking at the compucarve for about 5 years now.
    I have carved free handed on the chest and pretty good but I think the compucarve will take me to a new level, if you notice I just ramble on when it comes to working with wood.
    I also work two weeks on and two weeks off on a production platform in the gulf of mexico and have been doing this since 1975 after serving 6 years in the United States Marine Corps.
    When I get home I go to Rye Texas for a week and harvest lumber I bring it home and air dry it. I also run SIX MILE PIC-N-PAC PRODUCE out in six mile it's six miles from Port Lavaca Texas where the public comes out and pick fresh produce, I also sell hardwood lumber firewood and barbecue wood so I don't have a lot of time for anything else but I will make time for the compucarve.
    More to come later sorry about the rambling on and Have a great New Years.

Welcome aboard the Forum Alexanderbuzz,

You are a busy man to say the least and it sounds like you touch upon most every aspect of woodworking from the tree to the finished product. We're sure you will find the CarveWright/CompuCarve a great addition that can add a whole new level to your craft.

My personal thanks for your years of service in the US Marine Corps from a brother Navy Seabee. Semper Fi and Can Do makes quite a team.

I think you will find the CW Forum an enjoyable and invaluable part of your woodworking as many of us do and your first best place to ask questions and learn from all the knowledgeable users out here. Learn to search the Forum, study the Tips and Tricks and above all enjoy the process. If you have access to a PC or laptop out there on your Platform you can even be planning projects in Designer and have them ready to carve when you come ashore to make the most of your (perhaps limited) free time.

Again welcome and glad to have you join us. Now make sawdust!
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce

Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW

8. Default more wood

hello just getting into cw.this was my father in laws before he passed. ive already done a couple of carvings he had on the memory card,and now ready to upload some new carvingings.and learn this cool machine.looking forward to learning from all of you.any advise will be great.nothing like learning from the pros.. thanks mike

Default Welcome Mike

Welcome to our Community and the CW Forum Mike,

We're pleased you have joined us to carry on your Father-In Law's legacy with the CW and create beautiful things. As many others will advise you please take the time to study the resources available on CarveWright.com from the Tutorials to Tips and Tricks. These will take you through design, machine set up and maintenance as well as creating several projects all the way through.

I think you'll enjoy all this group has to offer from advice, constructive criticism, praise for your hard won victories over the wood and just plain camaraderie. If you have a question, just ask and you will be surprised how many come on line with help and or questions to clarify just what you need. Enjoy, learn and we hope you thrive here among friends. And let us see what you carve please Mike. Again welcome aboard.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce

Hello Everyone,

I've had a Carvewright for some time but haven't been been able to use it too much. I have an older CompuCarve version I got from Sears. So far I've done some basic name plates and simple stuff. Now that I'm trying to get better acquainted with the machine and do some more complex stuff I find that both my hardware and software are a bit obsolete. Planning on a few upgrades and have found that this forum has a lot of good information.

Frederick

Page 25 of 61 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast