Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

1. Default new to forum

Hi
    I was given a Sears Compucarve machine a few years ago but I could never get it to work properly. The machine has been sitting in the garage gathering dust while I have had to devote time to the necessary things in life. I now have a project which would be nice to use the Compucarve as it would save me days of time. Is there anyone in the San Francisco bay area that can show me how to get the machine to do what I need? Can pay for your time or trade for welding services.

thanks
    Colin

Quote Originally Posted by 11thhourfabrication View Post
    Hi
    I was given a Sears Compucarve machine a few years ago but I could never get it to work properly. The machine has been sitting in the garage gathering dust while I have had to devote time to the necessary things in life. I now have a project which would be nice to use the Compucarve as it would save me days of time. Is there anyone in the San Francisco bay area that can show me how to get the machine to do what I need? Can pay for your time or trade for welding services.

thanks
    Colin
    Colin,

Welcome to the CW forum. Getting the machine to do what you want starts with having the correct/proper design. Have you taken the time to view and read any of the software tutorials and learning guide?

What issues were you having with the machine?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

3. Default

@ fwharris

I tried getting on that site last night, as I'm on night shift at the moment, however, I didn't see where I could specify "J" material? I saw the Aluminum Oxide Coat W-15" x L-13" Grit-120 Dry, but not the "J" material. They were about 6 or 7 dollars which is not bad at all - if I'm looking at the right ones. Haha. I appreciate the link, for sure and will look into getting new ones as mine is busted as stated before, but hopefully I can get back up and running soon. Thank you!

4. Default

@oscar48

Thanks. Yes, I have tried to make some designs and look at tutorials on how to puss or invert them to have a different effect. I need to refresh on some of the stuff though, for sure. I think I actually bought some patterns as well, but more would always be great, I appreciate it.

Oh, I don't mind the sawdust at all. Haha.

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by brad.rentz View Post
    @ fwharris

I tried getting on that site last night, as I'm on night shift at the moment, however, I didn't see where I could specify "J" material? I saw the Aluminum Oxide Coat W-15" x L-13" Grit-120 Dry, but not the "J" material. They were about 6 or 7 dollars which is not bad at all - if I'm looking at the right ones. Haha. I appreciate the link, for sure and will look into getting new ones as mine is busted as stated before, but hopefully I can get back up and running soon. Thank you!
    I am not sure what the J material is either, this is just info I copied from someone who order them. Important part is the aluminum oxide open coat and the sizes.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Brad.rentz,
    if you call the number listed in the posted add and tell them the belts are for a Carvewright, they’ll know which ones you need. I ordered mine a week ago Wed. And they are arriving today. 4 belts were $21.96 including the $5.00 shipping.
    Gary
    3D Pro Ver. 3.103 Build 14, STL & DXF Importer, Rotary, Conforming Vectors, Centerline- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit Operating System using Windows 7

Welcome Brad -- if you haven't yet, join the CarveWright Carvaholics group on Facebook. And ask questions -- both here and on FB -- there's a lot of experience in the user base and this group is great about sharing and helping out!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

George
    Life is short....drink the good wine first!

8. Default True Newbie

Hi everyone I am Brian from Washington State. I recently got my hands on an old Compucarve machine from 2007, I have quickly ordered lots of goodies to update the machine and am excited to start working on projects. Carvewright is getting lots of money from me right now on upgrades so I hope everything works out. I have been studying the software and cleaning and completing recommended maintenance. Thank You for allowing me to join the Forum.

9. Default

Good morning all my name is ray i live in ustate new york i got my carvewright about 3 yrs only do some carving on the weekends for hobby . im still trying to learn the soft ware and having trouble with the depths but working thru that.

Good Morning, Ray and welcome!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast