Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ----Please Read Before Posting Pattern----

Do not know about MPW files. Need to test this out. But remember a MPW files gives the person who downloads it the ability to make changes and create patterns as his own. I have no complaint with this, just letting everyone know. Fact is if you design a pattern you need to make a MPW of it, so later on if your computer ID changes, you can still open and edit the patterns yourself. (Unless you have made the pattern and imported using STL importer)
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

.mpw files also fail to open in 1.187 if saved from 2.004.

(I think the ownership of patterns is relative to your license, not the computer ID.)

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    .mpw files also fail to open in 1.187 if saved from 2.004.

(I think the ownership of patterns is relative to your license, not the computer ID.)
    I don't think so. I have early patterns from old computer that I cannot edit on the computer I am using now.

I have always heard what Terry has stated.
    I would say LHR is frozen out today. We got about 6" of snow and temp right now is 18 deg. With 15 MPH winds from the north. I have been out in it most of the morning. Come in to thaw out LOL. But I believe I will be in the rest of the day.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

My daughter in Dallas reports 1/2" so far of freezing sleet and ice and a temp only in the 20s. Don't know if made it down to Houston too. Connie are you out there? Any survivors over there? Meanwhile we're doing about 74 degrees in Atlanta. Are you all sending it our way? Now I remember why I moved South a decade ago.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Quote Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
    I don't think so. I have early patterns from old computer that I cannot edit on the computer I am using now.
    I have different computers with different IDs and I have no problem operating with patterns created in one with the other. Maybe there was a version change way back when where the format changed. Maybe the copy protection method changed. I think what I said is true.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234