Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ----Please Read Before Posting Pattern----

Default ----Please Read Before Posting Pattern----

Please help us keep these shared pattern files useful and organized.

• Include screenshot of image
    • Use naming structure to more easily identify pattern
    • Try to avoid zipped files
    • Post .ptn file
    • Place pattern in appropriate category

A screenshot is worth a thousand words. Please take the time to attach a good quality image (screenshot) of the pattern from your software. This is a big time-saver when people are looking for something. Even if you're posting it for a particular person and they already know what it is, there will be countless other visitors in the future that look at the file and say "Hmm... I wonder what this pattern looks like".

A descriptive file name and link are extremely helpful. A pattern named "Tobsf_133.ptn" simply cannot be found unless a user stumbles across it, downloads it, imports it, and sees it. A more helpful file name, like "mountain-scenery-with-lake.ptn" is a much, much better choice. Try to categorize and then add more descriptive words. Example: frames_western or frames_babyboy

Try to avoid zip files unless necessary. If you're posting more than one at a time, try to post them individually instead of as a zip file. This is a big time-saver for someone wanting a particular pattern. Zip files should be used for collections that are intended to be used or viewed together.

Post *.PTN files, not *.MPC files if possible. It's a cleaner and more versatile way for transfer and storage of patterns.

Please try to place your pattern in the appropriate category. If we need more categories, please let me know.

Credit to Jonny, thanks!
    Last edited by lynnfrwd; 01-24-2011 at 06:07 PM.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Hey Lynn,
    How about a area for Vector MPC's from the DXF Importer. They don't have ptn's. I can provide lots of these vector files that are converted.
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

sorry... I just realized that I've been posting MPC files instead of PTN files... hopefully my including the greyscale jpeg files has mitigated things somewhat. I'll try to post ptn files in the future

Lawrence

Lawrence, sometimes the PTN is too large to be uploaded. Yet the MPC file still fits within the upload range. Thus the only choice is to upload the MPC file. Everyone can extract the pattern from the MPC file.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Hey Steve I sent you PM but your PM files is full, clear some out so we can talk.

Perry
    My Shop 1044

CarveWright START U Team Member

V - 1.187 and 3.0 too
    With the DC Insert," dust all gone"
    CarveWright Customer Documentation http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/maintenance.htm
    CarveWright Tips and Tricks http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/tips.htm
    www.customcarvingsbyperry.com
    I have often wondered why it is that
    Conservatives are called the "right" and Liberals are called the "left".
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of
    the fool to the left."

Done.. Lets chat away..
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

Johnny,
    Can you tell me how to change from MPC to PTN file ? I have gotten patterns off the forum and I think its time I returned the favor by posting some of mine but I have no idea how to do this. If its not to much trouble can you walk me thru the process, about like you would a child. I'm not very good with computers but would like to give back.

Thanks
    davidbf

If are trying to change a mpc to a ptn you will need to 'group' all of the elements in your design by doing a 'select all' and the 'group'. Then select all items in the group. The 'make pattern' tool should then be active. Note that the elements need to be your drawing/lines/designs as if you try to combing someones pattern with yours you will get an error message telling you that.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

My bad, sorry about the Victorian shelves........

Zan29 you did nothing wrong. you posted a project. Only way to post a project that consist of more than one pattern, is to post it as an MPC.
    I would like to see more that post patterns or projects to post an image of it, as well as the pattern.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast