Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: -Symbols

Does anyone have a doctors emblem they would like to share? Found out my doctor is a woodworker and we were talking about the CW and I thought I could make him a Name Plaque for my next visit in 2 weeks.

Default Freemason symbol

Here's a Freemason's compass and square as requested by Jerry. The Best was to do this is to add the "G" on after you load the pattern as then you can add draft to the G separately from the rest of the pattern depending on the size. I've included both an MPC with an example of how I did this as well as the PTN file without the "G". I hope y'all find this useful.

Lawrence
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Freemason.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Great pattern! Thanks for sharing

Great ! Thank you sir!
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Default 58 Chevy hood ornament pattern

Here is a likeness of a 58 Chevy hood ornament I made using the new Vector Drawing and Pattern Modeling suites. I found a photo on the internet and imported into the Image Tracer, then used the Sweep tool to create the elements of the ornament. The Fleur-de-lis 01 was dropped in from the basic pattern library. It took a lot of tweaking to put together but I have learned a lot about the new modeling tools! See original photo I used, a JPG of the pattern, and the PTN below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1958s.jpg   chevy ornament.jpg  
    Mark W

Mark,

Good job! Best way to learn is just sit and play..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Mark looks like you learned alot and produced a wonderful ptn. Thanks for sharing.

Default left-handed trefoil knot

Bergerud, the torus knot is one of the basic primitives in blender so this took about 1 minute to move into CW.

It is a kind of freaky symbol. The (p,q)−torus knots arise when considering the link of an isolated complex hypersurface singularity. lol.

I was talking to a scientist today at work about theoretical waveform propagation and since I have killed most of my brain cells he must have thought he talking to a fence post. A little bit like me trying to read about hypersurface singularities.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW torus knot.jpg  

Have you seen my original thread on the trefoil knot? Mine is also a Mobius strip.

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...966#post150966

Wow. I had not (or don't remember). I can't even begin to see how you carved the rosewood strip with the CW. (Yes, I read how you did it but dang that is impressive)

Amazing work.

As a budding artist and having a slight academic background those were down right beautiful.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast