Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: -Sports & Recreation

Default -Sports & Recreation

Use this thread to post patterns related to Sports & Recreation

Default Basic Bows

Gman's posts about Bow Making in Techniques got me thinking about using me machine for carving a couple of bows for my Grandsons,
    I have a few lengths of seasoned 5/4 Lemon Wood that I bought from Israel, they were cut and taged in 1948,
    their still packed and sealed in the original Bees Wax they were shipped in.
    Years ago (about 40) I shot Tournament Bow myself, also did a lot of Bow Hunting, and had planed to make a couple of nice Classic Bows for myself,
    --- the years went by and I never got around to it. Now I think it might be interesting to try to do it for the Grand kids.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Basic Bow with Grip 1a km 2011.jpg   Basic Bow with Grip1b km 2011.jpg  
    Last edited by Kenm810; 04-13-2012 at 04:32 PM.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Ken,
    Your perspective view above could be a photo of one of the lemon-wood blanks my Father still had for an unfinished bow. It was going to be carved down further by his older brother Gilbert when he got back to California from the fleet. Gilbert having joined the Navy before my Dad, never returned and lies to this day with his shipmates on the Arizona. Your rendering put a chill down my spine because I had not seen that object in years. All those Indian gear items were given to a YMCA program in the Annapolis area years ago before one of my parents' change of station moves overseas.

I'd certainly appreciate seeing the results if you go ahead with the project for your Grand Kids. Thanks for the memory opportunity.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Default NY Mets Fans

Thought I'd share this one... metslogo.mpc
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

Default Fishing Rod and reel

Here's a rod and reel- hope y'all like it

Lawrence

I'm still not sure how y'all find it best to upload the pattern, so I've included just about every version I can think of, including an STL zip....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rod and reel.JPG   rod and reel.bmp  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Do I need to be sending you a pattern vendor app sometime in the near future? Your getting pretty good at this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Thanks Connie- but again so everyone knows, the base of these models that I have been posting are from sketchup files posted on the google warehouse. I then adjust them to create the Carvewright-friendly files. Some are easier to do than others...

Once I'm making them from scratch or adjusting them (making derivatives that are not the models exactly) I'll probably sell some-but I'm not sure I would feel right just using someone else's work for a profit, even though when they put the item on the warehouse we are OK to use it and distribute it (they are royalty free as well).

I got this from the google sketchup "terms of service"
    http://www.google.com/intl/en/sketchup/3dwh/tos.html

(c) By publicly posting or displaying the content you give other end users of the Services a perpetual, sublicensable, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute (subject to the restrictions set forth in Sections 11.4 and 20.3 of these Terms) any Content or derivative works thereof which you publicly post or display on or through the Services.

for those of you that are curious.... here's 11.4 and 20.3
    11.4 Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, without Google’s prior authorization, you may not: (i) aggregate Content obtained from Google Services for redistribution, or (ii) use or distribute Content obtained from Google Services in a mapping or geographic application or service
    20.3 Models created in Building Maker include proprietary imagery. You may not disassociate or separate the imagery from any Building Maker model and use or make it available outside of Google Services.

Thanks again for the compliments- I hope folks find uses for these files and that I will eventually get good enough to create my own models- and maybe then I'll sell them. For now though, I just hope you all are enjoying them.
    Lawrence

Bonney Lake, Washington, United States, 113160055365328, Bonney Lake, Washington

Thanks again Lawrence for the awesome patterns. I sure can use this one!
    Tom Watson
    Two CW's and D.C.-Top Mount Insert @ Ringneckblues.com Get the dust out!!
    50" X 48" PDJ Pilot Pro CNC http://www.pdjinc.com

Check out my Facebook page for current carvings at http://www.facebook.com/signsinwood

Watsons Wooden Words http://www.signsinwood.com & Messages in Wood http://www.messagesinwood.com/

Does anyone have a san francisco forty niners football helmet. Its for a friend and not for any kind of sale.
    Last edited by CWFan; 07-08-2012 at 04:34 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by CWFan View Post
    Does anyone have a san francisco forty niners football helmet. Its for a friend and not for any kind of sale.
    Will this work?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 49-ers-helmet_DISP-cw.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast