Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: -Sports & Recreation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default -Sports & Recreation

Use this thread to post patterns related to Sports & Recreation

Default Basic Bows

Gman's posts about Bow Making in Techniques got me thinking about using me machine for carving a couple of bows for my Grandsons,
    I have a few lengths of seasoned 5/4 Lemon Wood that I bought from Israel, they were cut and taged in 1948,
    their still packed and sealed in the original Bees Wax they were shipped in.
    Years ago (about 40) I shot Tournament Bow myself, also did a lot of Bow Hunting, and had planed to make a couple of nice Classic Bows for myself,
    --- the years went by and I never got around to it. Now I think it might be interesting to try to do it for the Grand kids.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Basic Bow with Grip 1a km 2011.jpg   Basic Bow with Grip1b km 2011.jpg  
    Last edited by Kenm810; 04-13-2012 at 04:32 PM.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Ken,
    Your perspective view above could be a photo of one of the lemon-wood blanks my Father still had for an unfinished bow. It was going to be carved down further by his older brother Gilbert when he got back to California from the fleet. Gilbert having joined the Navy before my Dad, never returned and lies to this day with his shipmates on the Arizona. Your rendering put a chill down my spine because I had not seen that object in years. All those Indian gear items were given to a YMCA program in the Annapolis area years ago before one of my parents' change of station moves overseas.

I'd certainly appreciate seeing the results if you go ahead with the project for your Grand Kids. Thanks for the memory opportunity.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Looks good. You keep apologizing for for needing bit optimization best, but you shouldn't. Bit optimization best is what is required to accurately reproduce the details of your pattern. It should be the default in Designer (except only that it takes more computing time).

I posted the vectors to this in another area. I had wanted to make this into a pattern for some time.
    This was done with Moi3D, and ZB.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails foorball player1.jpg   foorball player1a.jpg  
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by eelamb View Post
    I posted the vectors to this in another area. I had wanted to make this into a pattern for some time.
    This was done with Moi3D, and ZB.
    Eddie

You gave me some new ideas on using the new functions.
    Leo Davenport
    Enjoy Life Carve Something everyday

Default NY Mets Fans

Thought I'd share this one... metslogo.mpc
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

Default Fishing Rod and reel

Here's a rod and reel- hope y'all like it

Lawrence

I'm still not sure how y'all find it best to upload the pattern, so I've included just about every version I can think of, including an STL zip....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rod and reel.JPG   rod and reel.bmp  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Some time back this pattern was asked for by a member. Had some time today so I decided to make it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails helmet.jpg   helmet1.jpg   Helmet1.bmp  
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

If you have not noticed, I have shut down my shopping cart on my website. With this, the shared patterns available there are no longer available. I will be listing those 130+ patterns here a little at a time, when I get the time. As for the patterns I had for sale well over 200, they are still available by asking me, and I will give you a fare price on the pattern. Problem is there will be no images anywhere for you to look at( I will have to look into doing something sometime). I will most likely list the other 200+ patterns I have never shown here that I have made over the years too.

First off will be a helmet I made back in 2012 (post here #15)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails helmet.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Eddie

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast