Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: -Pictorial

Quote Originally Posted by SharonB View Post
    Now that is a pattern that grabs my attention. If it didn't chip out it would be a great conversational piece.
    Might make a great Litho. Ya think?
    George

Quote Originally Posted by Geomoo1 View Post
    Just what I was thinking. Really takes to the eye. Great Job!

Quote Originally Posted by Geomoo1 View Post
    I have not done any lithos yet so have no experience with them. Do you think they can capture the detail?

Way too much work but an idea that popped into my head was to do a multi-tile piece by breaking the pattern into two or even four tiles to ensure the detail is captured.

The second pattern (solar flare) was too large to post. That one may work a little better for a litho project. PM me with your email if you want to play with it and I can email it to you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fractal winds as a litho graphic.PNG  

I would think that a Litho using the 1/32 bit would have more detail than a regular carve on wood with the added bonus of NO SANDING. You really need to try one. They are awesome.
    George

I forgot about the 1/32" bit. I am going to have to order some material to try a litho at some point in the near future.

How long do the carves take on an 8"x10" tile with the 1/32" bit? I am imaging fractal winds as a four tile project framed in front of a mirror and a led changing light strip.

I know I won't do it but I can imagine it. It would be an amazing art piece.

Been home all week sick but today I was good enough I could at least hit the start button on the CW. Had a small piece of cherry so test carved the fractal winds pattern. It was meant to be an art piece and I think it works. This is carved on a 7"x12" board. I would love to do this in the size I envisioned at 14"x24" wall picture done on best but the CW calculates it to 4.5 hrs. Too long for me to do outside without a shop. Would annoy the neighbors and the wife too much. I'll have to wait until I have a proper shop so I can carve it the way I want to. But, as patterns go, its pretty good.

I still have some cherry so may try fractal flare next.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fractal winds.jpg  

That's seriously cool!

What about a box, lined with sheet foam insulation, dropped over top your CW. With ports for the dust collection hoses to pass through? I also made my closest neighbor one of those Last Name signs, like Mock does, for them. beware of polacks bearing gifts!!

I had not thought about soundproofing. hmmm I'll have to research that idea a little bit more.

I just finished carving the second pattern and a quick fast dry poly spray (2 coats). I really like this one. The series was originally three fractal images. I did not like the third version I made so sometime this weekend I'll re-work a third fractal image to port into designer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fractal flare1.jpg   fractal flare2.jpg  

Oscar.... I thought the first one was fantastic but then opened the second pattern. Wow! those carved better than I imagined they would. Doesn't look like you got any chip out at all. I agree with you....larger, larger and then larger yet.

Great work oscar.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast