Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: -Pictorial

Default -Pictorial

Use this thread to post patterns related to Pictorial

Default Bullet scene

A wonderful scene created by flight king below for all the gun nuts out there (I being one).

"Bullets Scene" by Flight King
    Released under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0
    Downloaded from http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/64350
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW bullet scene.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Very nice Oscar, I've downloaded a lot of your patterns, you are doing great on making patterns. I have blender downloaded and don't know how to get files into it I have read some of the starter video's I am what you call a hands on person I just can't understand it If I watch the vidios enough mabe it will soak in..

aokweld101, thank you and good luck. Blender 3d (as are all the 3d programs) is a monster but its been a ton of fun to learn. The capability it has is almost overwhelming. Its taken me over a year of playing with it to just begin to start to use it the way I want (I'm slow). I still have no clue on animation and advanced texturing. There are several 3d formats that are used by the major companies that you can go into the user preferences and checkmark so they can be used to import and export common format files (obj, 3ds, dxf, svg...etc). I build the 3d model and then manipulate it to maximize the detail and height I can get when I port it as an stl. That may mean compressing in the z-axis or cutting the model in half so the unseen side is not used for the model height.

There are a lot of awesome 3d models already made that are available to work with. For me, if its not my model I try to use only Creative Commons copyright so it is freely shareable as long as proper credit is given. But I would prefer to use my models when I can. It lets me practice and gives me a chance to learn something new. Youtube is my friend when I try to learn new aspects of the program.

I am amazed by Dan and Eddie and how good they are using 2d graphics to make their patterns. Mine look like poo when I try their way. This is probably the hardest way to make patterns but I am too old to learn new things. I am at a point where if a new datum goes in an old one goes out. I forget my name occasionally.

Default World Atlas

Used a NASA Earth contour map to create the pattern. The compass rose I have shared previously but sharing again on this thread so its easy to find.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW World map.jpg  

Default Old west scene

A little something different for me. Background picture is a black and white picture from 1904 ported into designer and slightly softened and blurred to reduce some of the jaggedness.

Cow skull image also public domain. Used corel draw to change to jpg., isolate the skull from the foreground, crop and then changed to grey scale and blurred 2.5. Then ported to designer and deleted the background to leave the skull by itself.

Wikimedia Commons. Public Domain File PSM V66 D110 Arizona desert scene without irrigation
    Wikimedia Commons. Public Doman File Decomposing Cow Skull

The fence is my pattern as well as the wagon wheel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW old west scene.jpg  

Default Chopping firewood scene

Enclosed is an idea I had that came out okay in execution. Axe and chopped fire wood. They are all separate elements so you can add additional elements to create any composition. The fence and wagon wheel were previously shared I think (may have been different variants...don't remember) but adding to make easy to find.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW chopping wood.jpg  

Default fractal winds

I'm exploring creating art pieces that can be carved and hung like paintings. This reminded me of solar winds when I built it so calling this piece fractal winds.

I've created a series of patterns all based on fractal images. I'm excited to carve them at some point. I'll have to wait for the right piece of lumber and time. Another carving for the future to do list.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fractal winds.PNG  

Now that is a pattern that grabs my attention. If it didn't chip out it would be a great conversational piece.

Sharon, I think so. Choosing the right lumber I think is key to the project. For sure purple heart would keep the detail but its so dark I am not sure it would be a good choice for the piece. Maybe hard maple might work but not sure if it lends itself to the design. My other option is cherry. Its softer but I have had some good results with it for not chipping out and keeping decent detail on some of my carvings. One of the other patterns in the series is fairly dramatic so I may start with that one (picture enclosed). I call this one fractal flare.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fractal flare.PNG  

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast