Thread: Taking machine back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Taking machine back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am taking my machine back 1-29-07, I got my machine 1-17-07 and made 12 signs with just the block letters. On my first sign I got error 246 and worked with the machine, cleaning reading messages on the forum, changing boards and got it to run and make the 12 signs (nothing fancy just letters). Was excited and went out and bought some cedar boards (expensive) and tried something different, it had the bark background that I got from the forum. It did not get half way thru and it said check shaft. I checked it and it did not feel hot, was still attached properly and it said to push enter to continue, I did and it started cutting and than it went too deep ( almost thru the board) I stopped it and it give me error 246, and I cannot get it to clear and start cutting again. I got the machine for $1699, I thought was a good price , but for 12 signs that is over $142.00 per sign not counting the cost of the boards. Just does not make sense to keep something that does not work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dale, I'm sorry to hear you are having problems, I see no need to post it in every forum, except for spite. I deleted all the duplicate posts but left this one in troubleshooting where it belongs. I too have had some bad luck with new purchases, several years ago it was a car, most recently a cell phone. The car still ran great with 270,000 miles on it when I sold it. But first impressions are lasting.

I did not hear you mention anything about talking to CW about it. You do know that they will ship it to their facility and repair/return at their expense?
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Just wanted to make sure someone saw my problem and would respond. I had posted an error for help and did not get a response

Dale,most of us here are just owners. We try and help when we have an answer. Sounds like you should call Carvewright™ and get some help from them. They stand behind their product. 713-473-6572
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Dale, AFAIK, most of this type of problem has been tracked down to a fault in the Z-axis drive and/or a loose Z-Truck. The Z-truck should move up/down with slight resistance but not be loose or have a 'catch' in it. A catch may signify a broken counter gear in the Z-drive. If your Z-truck is loose look at today's postings, I wrote up instructions in one post.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

The Bard Guest

when it dives into the machine it is usually a faulty Z encoder. If you call us about it we'll send a replacement Z-motor pack that is easy to install and would fix the problem.

Ask for Chris if you call...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bard

Ask for Chris if you call...
    Now, that's funny!
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Default Z axis controller card replacement

I am considering rescuing a compucarve but it has errors and I was wondering if the machine would be covered by some factory warrenty or what the replacement cost of the Z axis board would be. 321 and 246 errors.
    Mike G
    Custom wood working, etc, www.gmanind.com

Hello, I to had z axis error ,y axis problem and others.I talked to carvewright they told me what the problem was and sent me the z-axis motor kit ,board sensor and control module.I put in the parts and had it running in 20 minutes.Many thanks to the Chris Rawls and Heather in shipping, they fixed me right up !
    Ben

The Bard Guest

*jealous grumbling about Rawls and Heather*