Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: -Objects

Default Apple

Here is a very quick apple thing I made In MOI3d..had fun playing with the render in 3dsmax.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails apples.jpg  
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Very nice modeling JPALUCK. The three surfaces transition and compliment the grouping very nicely. Great work and thanks for sharing this. I assume the center apple would be painted white as a sliced open apple? I know, picky, picky, picky. Hope you're having a great weekend.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

John nice modeling and render. I see you are still using MOI. I like what I have seen of it, but for some reason it will not run on my win 7 pc. It runs on my office pc, but who wants to stay in the office to model. Silo has features such as zbrush, called paint displacement. Works a lot like scruptris, but too many subdivisions. Just wish text was easier in Silo, then again maybe it is just I and one day I will figure it out too.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Cpt bruce

yep..didn't think of it when rendering...LOL was too busy playing with lights and forgot bout color.

Eddie - You should put a post in the MOI3d forum...I am pretty sure it will run on windows 7...I love 3dsmax...but I also love Moi (nurbs)..text is a snap in moi...
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

John have talked to tech support. they gave me the version that never expires to try (will not save). have talked back and forth many times, and yes it works in win7, just not on win7 upgrade from vista. Many programs have this same issue, it is not them but Microsoft.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by eelamb View Post
    John nice modeling and render. I see you are still using MOI. I like what I have seen of it, but for some reason it will not run on my win 7 pc. It runs on my office pc, but who wants to stay in the office to model. Silo has features such as zbrush, called paint displacement. Works a lot like scruptris, but too many subdivisions. Just wish text was easier in Silo, then again maybe it is just I and one day I will figure it out too.
    Eddie you seen my post about the tabs on the spoon or spate how is that done forgot how to do it and the rounds one he put on it any help appreciated
    Henry
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

spoon spate with shell 12 in.mpc
    Quote Originally Posted by eelamb View Post
    John have talked to tech support. they gave me the version that never expires to try (will not save). have talked back and forth many times, and yes it works in win7, just not on win7 upgrade from vista. Many programs have this same issue, it is not them but Microsoft.
    Here it is again
    Henry

Henry1, when you do a cutout in designer it places the tabs automatically. They are not seen but are there. For 2 sided carvings, make the tabs thicker.

For adding tabs as in your MPC. Choose the circle or rectangle. Make either one crossing the cut line, click on carve region on menu bar, then set the dept to 0.0, now copy and paste it to anywhere else on the pattern you want a tab. Do this for the other side too, close the the same location.
    Last edited by eelamb; 03-13-2011 at 11:24 AM.

Eddie

Thank you eelamb it work I won't forget that one when making spoons or fork
    Henry
    Henry

Quote Originally Posted by cestout View Post
    I liked the soon so I made it into a spork - the two together used for your salad. I finished them with butcher block oil. Now I guess I will have to design a salad bowl to go with them.
    Clint
    Just saw this today nice job! although you removed my 4" tails from the ends < smiles>

I opened up the spoon pattern so if you run a sled this size should give you more options for sizes.
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 03-20-2011 at 08:44 PM.

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast