Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: -Objects

Very cool clock, Oscar. Nice work. You are really getting the hang of the modeling software....
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com
    Facebook Page: click FB button on web page

Bessemer, MI (shop location)
    Lake Gogebic, MI (where I hang my hat)

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...

Thank you. It feels like I am starting to scratch the surface. Maybe in another 20 years I can feel I am good.

Wanted to share a quick fun little video of the bullet clock.

https://youtu.be/QJkZr6pPYG8

Default Wooden Engine

Not a Carvewright project, yet, but I've been working on this. Making several changes along the way. Would like to be able to cut all the gears on the CW. Any suggestions would be nice. I'm not much on designer but willing to try anything.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0dgsztf56t...00032.mp4?dl=0
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wooden Engine.jpg  
    Last edited by CarverJerry; 03-16-2016 at 01:08 PM. Reason: add picture
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Very cool. Did a quick concept drawing. It actually looks fairly simple. I count just 8 cutouts for the gears with the CW plus the action arms. The rest you could do with a drill and table saw/hand saw.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails engine design.png  
    Last edited by oscarl48; 02-26-2016 at 11:02 PM. Reason: updated image and description

here are some super quick mpc for the gears and the cylinder head for the piston for ideas only based on my concept drawing. I have not test cut them so have no idea if they work. I have company coming in tomorrow so won't have a chance to play with this until Sunday. I have some test carvings for some new patterns I am developing but I may have a chance to throw these into the carving schedule.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gear box for engine.PNG   piston cylinder.PNG  

I just realized I am shanghaiing your project. I am backing off unless you actually are needing any of these things. The software I use, blender 3d has scripting modules for gears which allows me to make gears super fast. I hit a button and a gear is generated. So if you need gear patterns just let me know what size, number of teeth, addendum, dedendum, and any spoke features you want.

There are also a ton of gear generating software resources.

Here is one that is pretty cool:
    http://geargenerator.com/#200,200,10...0,0,0,0,2,-563

It generates a svg graphic that can then be ported into CW designer using a software tool then outlined, grouped, and then made into a pattern.

Inkscape is a free scalable vector graphic program that can save to png which can then be used by designer.

https://inkscape.org/en/

there is of course the widely known software tool from woodgear.com:

http://woodgears.ca/gear_cutting/template.html

Regards,
    Oscar
    Last edited by oscarl48; 02-27-2016 at 08:29 AM. Reason: correction

Thank you, Oscar. I can use those links. Did not know they were out there to be had so easily.

Oscarl48, oh by no means do I care for you posting this. There are a lot of pieces and parts for this project and they all have to mesh and be in sink. Thats why I posted this. If you want I can always email you blue print parts. All I ask is for no one to put this in the CW store unless I get a free files package. It's been fun making this, a lot of trial and error. Most was in fact made on the table saw, band saw, scroll saw and drill press.
    My next one is going to be of a V-twin once I get this one down pat. Thanks for any and all your help.
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Nope. This project is all yours. I removed the mpc's. I have plenty of other honey do projects that are keeping me busy. Let me know if you do need any specific patterns made and I can email them directly to you.

I am designing a gallery style easel for my wife right now. Not a CW project but should be a good piece to stay busy on. It will be a more traditional woodworking piece with a lot of mortice and tenon jointery.

Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast