Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: -Objects

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    I did not even pay any attention to that. Some times when you try to connect them the get all skewed up so I just went straight to the mpc..

Looks like Steve has in taken care of..
    You're right. Sometimes vectors get skewed so I joined them all in Corel Draw.

Sorry for the slow response. My cat stepped on the power button to my computer.
    Steve

2. Default

I wanted to make this without having to flip the piece and I also noticed that the carved out slit for insertion of the card or ID needed to go all the way to the top so the ID card is removable. the lanyard would hold it in once it is in place so here is my version. Has not been carved yet but I am looking at doing so soon.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Steve with yours you can not slide the name tag into the open space, from the slot end. With the cutout (should be square) you can slide a business card into the holder.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by eelamb View Post
    Steve with yours you can not slide the name tag into the open space, from the slot end. With the cutout (should be square) you can slide a business card into the holder.
    I figured the card would be flexible enough to bend it into place. But, I like the idea of making the slot all the way out to the top edge also.
    Steve

5. Default

Made this quickly with some 1/4 oak I had left from Christmas ornaments. Made it for a friend to attach to a lanyard and carry his work access key around his neck. This is where he usually carries it in a vinyl lanyard. while it is a little bulkier than the vinyl ones surprisingly it is not that heavy. I messed up the star in my setup on the mpc and tried to fix it with paint and it did not come out to well but it was an 11 minute carve and I spent maybe ten minutes setting this up using steves file although I did extend the pocket all the way to the top so the card can just slip in. I sprayed it with lacquer and hung it to dry and these pics show it hanging and still wet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014-02-18 00.26.22.jpg   2014-02-18 00.26.37.jpg  

6. Default

This makes me want to try an Iphone case. The concept would be really similar!

Came out great, thanks for showing us the finished results.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

That is really nice. I saw the email from WJ with the original project. It is great that it was able to be converted to be a CW project.... It really has some super possibilities....
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com
    Facebook Page: click FB button on web page

Bessemer, MI (shop location)
    Lake Gogebic, MI (where I hang my hat)

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    I figured the card would be flexible enough to bend it into place. But, I like the idea of making the slot all the way out to the top edge also.
    After working with Designer 2.04, 1.187 seems a little clunky but, here is my modified version. The board thickness is 1/8 " but, when laminated together and sanded should produce a tag that isn't bulky. My submissions last night were kind of off the mark.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Steve

I guess I need to ask a not so smart question. All the project files for the luggage tag are set up for 1/8" thick material, but CW-Hal9000 indicated he used some left over 1/4" thick oak. I would have assumed that any 1/8" stock would have been a veneer plywood, but perhaps that is incorrect. I have never worked with solid stock that thin. Is it stabile enough and what is the favorite method for getting it to the 1/8" thickness. My planer won't go much thinner than 1/4" and it seems like a lot of sanding to get it thinner from there. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated....
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com
    Facebook Page: click FB button on web page

Bessemer, MI (shop location)
    Lake Gogebic, MI (where I hang my hat)

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...

Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast