Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: -Insignias & Military

Default A10 Warthog

Another pattern attempt. Frustrated in that I lost about an 1 hrs worth of work when my computer restarted automatically to install some software patches and I had failed to save the last changes in blender for this model. Thankfully I had saved the changes as a image but will have to go back and redo the changes on the actually 3d model again. This is my interpretation of the plane. I see them flying around all the time but haven't actually seen one up close and personal like. I do love seeing them fly though.

It is not perfect but I'll see how it carves this weekend on my friends project. I am hoping I don't lose a lot of detail when I shrink it a bit.

Once I redo all the changes on the 3d model I'll try other angles and see how they look. I am not 100% sure I want this one. My friend wanted a forward looking angle but my first attempts looked terrible.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A10.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default additional angles

Re-did the model and attempting different angles. Including the patterns and the images I used to make them. If anyone can clean them up and make cleaner models please let me know how you did it. Learning is a wonderful thing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A10v2.jpg   A10v21.jpg   A10v3.jpg   A10v4.jpg  

A10v6.jpg  

Default M16 rifle

Need advice on how to do this model better.

First, I am very pleased with the depth and detail I got on this pattern but I am struggling on how to get the same detail without putting a bisecting plane on the 3d model (pic enclosed). Without the plane I keep losing the depth details on the thinner parts of the model but with the plane the square is part of the pattern you can't get rid of.

The pattern is using the best bit optimization but the details really pop. Without the bisecting plane, even at this level the details are not very good. Without the square you get more flexibility on using the pattern in a composition.

Again, model built in blender 3d and then ported to CW with STL importer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails myM16.jpg   myM16_2.jpg  

I guess I do not really understand your problem. It looks really good to me. What happens if you export the gun from Blender without the plane and then slice the back half off in the in the STL importer? What version of Designer are you in? Is the floor feather of any use?

First thanks for teaching me the bit optimization tool. I am using designer 2 and stl importer.

When I exported the model from blender as an STL and then sliced the back off any thin area on the model got lost when it was ported as a pattern. So the barrel sight and trigger guard went away. I know I could go back into the pattern editor and try cleaning that up but way too much work and me way too lazy to do it that way.

After I put the plane in all the issues went away. I am happy with the outcome but I was wondering if there was a way to get the same detail without using the plane.

I won't be using this pattern but now that I know how to do it my next model will be an M4. I have an idea for a display stand to show off one of my samurai swords and my M4 together.

Regards,
    Oscar

Well that is a curious problem. Is it because the mesh out put by Blender was not fine enough? That seem the most likely reason. I am no Blender expert but I bet there is a way to refine the mesh.

In Blender there is a subdivide operation in the mesh tools (in edit mode). Maybe that is worth a try.

Default M16 Rifle

Bergerud,

Thank you. That was it. I didn't have enough detail in my model. Beefed up the polys and you still have to use the best bit optimization but the details are now there without the plane. My computer is your standard desktop so I typically try to go as low poly as I can. Learned something new again. Slowly coming along. This one did come out better than I had hoped.

I used a rectangular carved region to show off the detail but pattern is the rifle by itself. You have to use best bit optimization or you do lose detail.

Regards,
    Oscar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails myM16_3.jpg  

Default Colt Walker

Putting all the little tidbits I have learned together. Model of a 1847 Colt Walker black powder handgun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails colt walker.jpg  

Default my fallen soldier tribute version 2

My day got washed away by rain due to the fact my shop is my back yard patio and its raining. So it gave me some time to play with some 3d modeling and pattern making. Enclosed is my tribute to the fallen soldier emblem. The boots and helmet patterns are under the pattern help section under the jpg conversion discussion topic. The M16 was posted earlier in this section.

I think this is one of my better efforts. I hope you have some use for them. CW is showing about a 3.5 hr carving time in optimal (1.5 for normal) on a 12x12 board. Bit optimization at best to capture all the thin slices. Its a fairly deep carving for the mpc. I have the pattern set at .5 with 100 and the rectangle depth set at .65 but you can take the pattern and play with it to get a different look.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fallen tribute1.jpg   my fallen soldier tribute ver 2.jpg  

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast