Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: -Insignias & Military

Default Beginning coin holder design

I am in the planning phase of designing my coin display holder. For sure I want to have the different weapon systems I was part of during my career. I have not finalized what the design will be. I tried one idea this weekend but the carvings I did were so small they lost all detail so that design will not work. But wanted to share some of designs as I make them. The first weapon platform was the FB-111. I was a very young troop in a flight line back shop in a land far, far away.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FB111v2.png   CW FB111.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Must have been quite an experience being able to work with something that awesome. Looks like it will be a nice carve. Will save it against the day I have the needed software version to use it. Makes one realise how much the weaponery has changed since my day.
    Thanks for sharing, Thanks for serving.
    Rick H

Bonney Lake, Washington, United States, 113160055365328, Bonney Lake, Washington

Nice job on the design and I look forward to seeing your final project! Thanks for serving our country!
    Tom Watson
    Two CW's and D.C.-Top Mount Insert @ Ringneckblues.com Get the dust out!!
    50" X 48" PDJ Pilot Pro CNC http://www.pdjinc.com

Check out my Facebook page for current carvings at http://www.facebook.com/signsinwood

Watsons Wooden Words http://www.signsinwood.com & Messages in Wood http://www.messagesinwood.com/

Thank you for supporting the troops. For us old guys it was all good...except for when it wasn't.

So next is the C-130. Workhorse of the Air Force.

I build the models using blender 3d and then either use the bas relief filter or I play with lighting and try to see which one comes out better. Not quite happy but may be good enough. I'll see how it carves this weekend. I am a novice at all of this so not perfect in any way. I'm including the image I used to "Import Image File" into designer. I am hoping you can use that regardless of version of designer owned. I have previously posted designs for UH1-N and B-52. Though they both need further work. I'll have to see how they fit in with the current batch of carvings I am making.

I have one more last image design I have left to build after all that...Delta 2 medium lift rocket. I'll work on that tomorrow.

My last few weapon systems are fairly unique and I don't believe would be of much interest but please let me know and I can post the designs I have made. Minuteman3 rocket and gravity bomb.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails c130v3.jpg   cwC130.jpg  

Default Fop pattern

I had a request for the FOP pattern, so here it is...

FOP.ptn
    George

Default Huey again

I went back to an old model and gave it the stl import treatment. What a difference from my first attempt. I guess having the right tools makes up for not having any skills. lol.

The model is still not quite right so I cheated with optimizing the bit which means a longer carve but the result (at least on the screen) looks promising. The rotor blades on the original were too thin so I thickened them up a bit...too much? Let me know if they looked weird and I can reduce the thickness a little bit.

I originally did this model for my Huey brothers. I will be carving this one again. I think this in the shot glass holder project will be an awesome gift. I know they will probably want to add some guns to it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hueyCW.jpg  

Oscarl48,
    I will carve this when the weather improves, as all my carving is done in the garage. I have fond memories of flying on several with my companion "Bon" "1S85" my over 120lb., German Shepard, while in the Army.
    Thank you,
    Gary
    3D Pro Ver. 3.103 Build 14, STL & DXF Importer, Rotary, Conforming Vectors, Centerline- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit Operating System using Windows 7

Hey oscarl48, can you convert this to 1.187 version so others who don't have the new version of designer can view it and maybe carve it. Thanks
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Jerry download the PTN file, any version can open that file.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast