Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: -Insignias & Military

Thanks everyone for the kind words...it means alot coming from our CW family. I'm going to try & come up with a different plaque for my grandson who just started his Basic training yesterday at Ft. Jackson. Maybe something with me & my dad & grandson showing 3 generations of soldiers. ..... "We were soldiers".... Ha.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Default Help with Military Medals, Purple Heart, Bronze Star and Army Commendation with Valor

Greetings carvers ... I have a new project and would appreciate your input. This cribbage board is a gift from my client to his brother in law. It features three medals (used multiple times) that were awarded to this war hero who recently returned from serving in Afghanistan. Using PhotoShop and CW software, I made the patterns for the medals from images found on the internet. If you have a better pattern for any of the medals, I would be grateful ... or advice on how to improve these. I am attaching some screen shot jpgs and ptns for your perusal. Thanks for the advice!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Army Commendation with Valor.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	58700Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bronze Star.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	58701Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Purple Heart.JPG 
Views:	136 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	58702Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Design.JPG 
Views:	156 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	58703
    Attached Files Attached Files

Looking for a little help please. Seems that I've lost my mpc to this plaque that I made a while ago. Does anyone happen to have the mpc that is willing to share it back with me? LOL Much appreciated. JerryB

Quote Originally Posted by chebytrk View Post
    Been playing around a little more with some other "pieces/parts" and I'm gonna try and carve this one next. If it turns out OK I'll post the mpc to share out with everyone. Of course if I had the 3d tool I think I could really make that mpc pop! LOL

Attachment 54606

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-12-18 10.54.14.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	3.39 MB 
ID:	66512

Here's one for a lady that wanted a plaque for her father-in-law. She seemed happy and glad that he's getting it in time for Christmas. I understand he was a boom operator on a KC-135. Thanks and a shout out to Chief2007 for his help in getting a KC-135 pattern. Much appreciated amigo!

5. Default

Real nice, did you use a stain pen to color in the plane and logo's ?

Actually just used a brush for both stains. Wood is poplar with Cherry stain and the planes are brush stained with gunstock stain. I kinda liked the contrasting stains against each other. Oh .. and I used a mechanical #2 pencil to outline everything before I applied a satin clear coat. Hey.. it worked! LOL

Here you go Jerry B.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    My Shop 1044

V - 1.187 and 3.0 too
    With the DC Insert," dust all gone"
    CarveWright Customer Documentation http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/maintenance.htm
    CarveWright Tips and Tricks http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/tips.htm
    www.customcarvingsbyperry.com
    I have often wondered why it is that
    Conservatives are called the "right" and Liberals are called the "left".
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of
    the fool to the left."

The pencil idea is great jerry. Great carve.
    Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340

Nicely Done and glad to help you out with the pattern. This is what the forum is suppose to be about!!!

10. Default New user trying out my new machine

Hello all!

My name is Steve, and I just got my new CarveWright machine in on the 23rd and was looking for some military stuff that I could try out. I'm a Chief Petty Officer in the Navy so anything Navy related would be great. I've already purchased and downloaded the CPO anchors and tried that out once. I'm still getting the hang of it and testing out the software. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast