Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: -Insignias & Military

Looks very nice without 3d also. Nice work.

OK... so here it is finished out(except for just a little staining). Using some the paint samples I got from SharonB. Thanks Sharon!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-07-12 16.58.42.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	54685
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Simply.....awesome....great job

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk 2

That is really nice. What type of paints did you get at the conference? It has a very interesting sheen that catches your eye more than acrylic or other crafting paints I'm used to using .

5. Default

WHOA! Jerry, that is gorgeous!

Yup... paints or made by Golden and are called Interference paints?.... (OK SharonB chime in anytime... LOL) They do put a nice "sheen" on paintings. It's just a matter of knowing where to place it. Basically you still paint everything with your paints and these other "Golden" paints are added to areas of the painting to add that "extra" look. One day I'll do it as well as SharonB so for now I'm still learning how to use them. You can buy these at Hobby Lobby or Michael's, and located in the Art section (not woodcrafts like I've been looking in forever). They typically come in tubes and they last forever from what I understand. SharonB brought some to us at the conference and let us have some small samples and that's what I'm using now until I go out and purchase my own. Thanks SharonB! I'm really liking these paints.
    Here's the mpc in case anyone is interested in it.
    Never Forgotten 2.mpc

Note: In case anyone noticed that the "soldier's cross" (weapon, helmet & boots) are different in the colored pic and the 1st pic that I posted before carving it. I was told that there is typically a soldier holding Dog Tags while kneeling and praying so I went "google" hunting and found it. Imported it and updated my mpc.
    Last edited by chebytrk; 07-13-2012 at 03:42 PM.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Quote Originally Posted by chebytrk View Post
    OK... so here it is finished out(except for just a little staining). Using some the paint samples I got from SharonB. Thanks Sharon!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-07-12 16.58.42.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	54685
    I love your projects, paint and theme. Thank you
    Leo Davenport
    Enjoy Life Carve Something everyday

Jerry....That did turn out nice. Love the way you used the Interference paints. Guess I have at least one convert to the Golden Paints. I'm still trying to catch up from my Alaska vacation and the CW Conference, plus the current local quilt show (just admiring not participating). But I'm certainly going to have to try your Never Forgotten plaque soon. I have board gluing now so I can carve legs for my cribbage table (using Terry T's pattern) but once that is done your pattern will be next on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by SharonB View Post
    Jerry....That did turn out nice. Love the way you used the Interference paints. Guess I have at least one convert to the Golden Paints. I'm still trying to catch up from my Alaska vacation and the CW Conference, plus the current local quilt show (just admiring not participating). But I'm certainly going to have to try your Never Forgotten plaque soon. I have board gluing now so I can carve legs for my cribbage table (using Terry T's pattern) but once that is done your pattern will be next on the list.
    Sharon were you get your paint and what kind are they
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Henry.... I use what are called Interference paints by Golden Paints. Just type in Golden Paints and it should take you right to their website. I need to take a moment and post some of my carvings that were shown at the Houston Conference for those that were unable to attend. I have also started using Golden's Fluid Paints on some of my carvings. Here in the U.S. Golden Paints can be purchased in most stores where artist paints are sold. Online they are available from Golden Paints, Jerry's Paintarama. Dick Blick, etc. These paints are a little on the expensive side but they last a long, long time... as they are used for highlighting your work after you have painted/stained your piece. I will start another thread and show some of my pieces.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast