Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: -Insignias & Military

Suzanne I did a quick look at Moi3d. Very nice.

Default My version of the Navy Corpsman symbol

Not your traditional version. I saw this saying on some art and really liked it. When my little girl graduates she will be getting a version of this. I have not really finalized the design yet. Enclosed is my version of the corpsman symbol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails corpsman design.jpg   CW my corpsman design plaque.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Were you on tequila again last night Oscar..........just kidding!! Love it!

Thank you Suzanne. Its been so hot here I haven't done much woodworking so playing with stained glass and some of my other hobbies. Also missing my little girl so want to do something unique as a gift for her. The design is still in the development stage but the pattern was good enough to share. The one I'll make for her will be slightly different so that she will have a one of a kind design only for her.

The Corpsman symbol really looks great. Did you cut it out using the cutout tool or is it a pierced project?
    Steve

Steve,

It is still only in the CW software. I haven't carved it yet and it still needs some more work. I thought it was good enough to share.

But that is a different idea of having a carving of only the symbol. I'll have to clean it up some more. I need to redo the snakes as well. They are not mean enough looking.

Oscar

edit: Steve, I just got what you were asking. lol. sorry. At this point neither. The picture was from the pattern editor screen but I love the idea of a standalone cutout of the emblem. More than likely I will use a deep pattern and go with pierced though.

Default Crossed chinese swords

Learning how to use a blender modifier. Some really quick model builds. Sword and shield are separate for combining fun.

I was watching some old kung fu movies last night and was inspired by the total cheesiness of an bygone era. Ninja's dressed as trees that no one realized they were ninjas dressed as paper mache trees. lol. I think they were all blind and slightly drunk.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW crossed chinese sword.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Have not been on for awhile, but needed to create a pattern for carving, and thought I would show the pattern here. Will take a few more looks at it and maybe touch it up some more before carving. Hope to carve it in the next week or so.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails us marines mpc.jpg  
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

9. Default

That is a beautiful pattern. Can't wait to see the carving.

Beautiful work as always.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast