Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: -Holidays & Seasonal

Quote Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
    sorry guys... no back to be found... and I'm not yet experienced enough. I won't give up, but don't count on it/certainly don't count on it happening soon.

Maybe someone else with more 3d experience-I can email the STL to someone, but even zipped it is 23mb so cannot be uploaded here

Lawrence
    Thank you for trying
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

More GREAT WORK !!!!

THANKS !!!!

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Lawrence do you have Pattern Editor? if so save the file as a mpw, and upload it here. We can take that and create the stl from it.

and check your pm for message.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

it was still too big to send Eddie, how do I load an MPC here? It is still too big when zipped for some reason

Lawrence check your pm and send it via email. The mpw as saved from pattern editor will allow editing the file, and saving it to STL format.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

A .3ds file of a similar nutcracker can be downloaded here: http://archive3d.net/?a=download&id=15350 If I was at home, I would convert it to .stl slice it and post it here.
    But,, again my job is interfering with my fun.

Ed
    My Website: www.edscustomcarved.com
    Patterns or projects made, and uploaded by me, are not to be sold on E-Bay, EVER !.
    Thank You....

This is the nutcracker (modified) that edzbaker gave a link to. Showing a front and back of the model. I removed the base, and back handle since it would not carve right with the handle.

This is just the model right now.

Notice it does not have an actual face, or mustache as show in the image on the site. The model shown there was a surface painting (render).
    Thus it can be painted as shown in the image below, or I can add the extra features, so it will be easier to paint them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nutcracker-fr.jpg   nutcracker-bk.jpg   nutcracker-3ds.jpg  

Eddie

Decided to make the pattern without the details. May add details later if I find an interest.

Edit: This sounds bad, it should say if there is enough interested in the pattern.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nutcracker-ptn.jpg   nutcracker-ptn2.jpg  
    Last edited by eelamb; 09-28-2011 at 09:43 PM.

Eddie

I took the image of the nutcracker provided by Lawrence, and from there I created an STL file, and started modeling on it. Here is the front and back of his nutcracker. (front is the same as he uploaded)

Eddie

Man, thanks Eddie- that's awesome!

Lawrence

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast