Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: -Holidays & Seasonal

Wonderful. Please let me know how it carves.

The weather has been terrible in North Louisiana and with no shop I am stuck inside again. First nice weather is forecasted for Sunday. Hopefully I can make some sawdust then. Too many hobbies, not enough time and work keeps getting in the way.

This can be considered late or early. I actually just finished this one up a few weeks back. Started it back in Nov of 2014, but never got it completed. First off I did not make the patterns in this scene, I collected them and assembled them to make this scene.
    This scene is LARGE 30"+ in length and still looks good down to 17". Below that detail will be lost. Some draft needs to be used for the thin parts to prevent breakage while carving. These images do not show the pattern justice for you can not see all the details until you bring it into designer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails santa sleigh and reindeer.jpg   santa sleigh-a.jpg   santa sleight.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Eddie
    I always prefer that I was planning ahead. At least that is my story. Nice job.
    Leo Davenport
    Enjoy Life Carve Something everyday

Thanks for sharing Ed very nice work.

Ed you are sharing your great work. Finding lots of current posts that will get used this year. Thanks for sharing.

Jeff

Jeff, thank you very much.
    Everyone should look under animals, sports, characters, holiday, and objects for more patterns I have uploaded. I believe I have posted about 42 patterns in past few days, still undecided on some, since they are earlier work and not really that good.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Default Award ribbon

A very quick 10 min pattern build but I think it came out okay. I am getting quicker if not better. Pattern is only of the award ribbon but a good vehicle to wish a happy father's day.

Regards,
    Oscar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW award ribbon.jpg  

Oscar,
    how about the ribbin pattern without the text so carvers could use it for any award?
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Clint, it is a blank award ribbon. I added the text separately in the picture to show it could be used for father's day.

I am learning versatility in the patterns make them more useful. Soon I hope to be able to start selling some of these but for now I am till refining my skills.

I am working on my pendulum clock today and building an instruction sheet with it. All critics are welcome on how to improve on it for future efforts.

Default Jagged star

Playing around with different modifiers. I really like this affect. Took literally 30 seconds to make.

Thought this would make a nifty Christmas ornament or other type of decoration.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW jagged star.jpg  

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast