Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: -Holidays & Seasonal

Bonney Lake, Washington, United States, 113160055365328, Bonney Lake, Washington

That is going to be so cool Eddie! Nice job. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
    Tom Watson
    Two CW's and D.C.-Top Mount Insert @ Ringneckblues.com Get the dust out!!
    50" X 48" PDJ Pilot Pro CNC http://www.pdjinc.com

Check out my Facebook page for current carvings at http://www.facebook.com/signsinwood

Watsons Wooden Words http://www.signsinwood.com & Messages in Wood http://www.messagesinwood.com/

Default Valentine's Day Balloons

As I was going through the grocery line today I saw Valentine's Day is coming around the corner. So another quick model.

Disclaimer
    I am using these as learning opportunities to get better knowledge on using my software tools and not really focused on the models but more on how to make them. So an apology for not great models. I am not really taking the time to clean them up but it shows how quick they can be done. It took about 15 minutes to build a 3d model in blender 3d and then move into CW. So about 20 minutes total. And hopefully someone can use them for something at some point.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Valentine balloons.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default and some more hearts

I needed a little break from a project I am working on that caused me to use a brown marker in my underpants. I was wiring something that I did not ground properly and had a nice 20K Volt arc. I may have missed a heart beat or two as it dawned on me on what I had done (and survived ).

So here is another Valentine's Heart pattern using a heart pattern with a basic circle cut out (I took a little bit more time and care on this one). Perfect for that witty saying. No I am not carving the second picture. It is being used only for illustrative purposes.

Heart pattern included for your own design building pleasure. Again blender 3d to CW port.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails heart grouping.jpg   heart grouping2.jpg  

Default Early Christmas

I am still playing with the stl importer and had an idea for a Christmas ornament. Carved it out today in red cedar to see how it would come out. Well its a little bit on the huge side (4 inches across). 1 hour and 40 min in normal.

But if someone wants to play with it later in the year when its actually time for these things here it is. I made it so it would be an even four pieces at 3/4in but doesn't have to be. I am enclosing the mpc I used to carve the sample but also the ptn if you want to modify them. It is symmetrical so its really only two pieces mirrored. The year is added as text so you can modify what it states or use it year to year (blank slate).

The design idea was for one side to have the year and the other blank area is to glue a picture in there to personalize it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails christmas ornament.jpg   christmas ornament2.jpg   christmas ornament3.jpg   christmas ornament1.jpg  

oscarl48

I like your design and your choice of cedar as it gives a natural Christmas color. I plan to put it to good use. Thanks for sharing!

dbemus

Default Valentine Roses

dbemus thank you. Hope it comes out the way you want it.

And for the next novice pattern...and since I do not celebrate the holiday here is another Valentine design. Two rose patterns used with text in between. Same 3d model with stl from different angle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails my roses.jpg  

Default Easter bunny sign

Work got cancelled due to weather and I can't do any woodworking because my shop is my back patio (Unhappy). Can't wait to have a shop. Oh well. Happy Easter. Thinking of adding some hats or clothes to make him a bit more unique. If I do I'll add them on later.

Single bunny pattern copied and resized with different height. Still learning/working on getting better depth out of my patterns. Pretty happy with this one in that aspect.

Edit: Quick baseball cap and vest model build and now a Little league/baseball Easter bunny.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails easter bunny sign.jpg   easter bunny sign 2.jpg   my easter bunny w baseball hat1.jpg   my easter bunny w baseball hat2.jpg  

Nice job, Oscar. The Bunny is cute!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Thanks oscarl for sharing they look great

Thanks Oscar! Carving the sign tomorrow to hang by my front door.
    dbemus

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast