Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: -Holidays & Seasonal

Quote Originally Posted by crfahy View Post
    Thanks for the compliments folks! I was going to post this sooner, but it was too big. So, I learned how to resize a pattern this morning... I've been using nupastel chalks on my boards. I like the effects, and after a few coats of poly spray, they turn out pretty nice.
    I didn't catch that the first time I read it, so you draw on it with chalk and then spray finish over the chalk? that sounds very interesting and maybe easier than painting. Are there any videos demonstrating this technique?

dave

I've never heard about nupastel chalks. Can you tell us about it a little more on how you paint your projects? Also, where do you buy these chalks?

Quote Originally Posted by crfahy View Post
    Thanks for the compliments folks! I was going to post this sooner, but it was too big. So, I learned how to resize a pattern this morning... I've been using nupastel chalks on my boards. I like the effects, and after a few coats of poly spray, they turn out pretty nice.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

http://www.prismacolor.com/products/pastels This site tells about the chalks and has links to where you can buy them. I'm sure I got mine from Amazon - I was going to use them for another project that I haven't got around to because of this carving obsession! I got a box of 72 soft colors, and 12 hard. I love the variety of shades. They blend very nicely. I'm still experimenting of course! If you look at my album, all of the landscapes that I made from pictures are colored with chalks. They would have taken a lot longer using acrylics! On the lovebirds, I had already put a coat of natural stain mixed with a little puritan pine, but then decided I wasn't happy with it and went for the color. Wish I had started with my plain pine board. With the moose, I went over the chalk with a bit of stain to deepen the colors. After I chalk, I wipe it in with a corner of paper towel to blend and set it in. I learned to put masking tape around the frame so I don't slop chalk from my hands on it. Once it's on there, it's hard to sand off!
    -Colleen

Colleen and others Hoby Loby has chalks, along with stiff bristle brushes for applying it. I use it along with acrylics, by painting the acrylics, then shadow/blend or age using chalk. Plus chalk alone where where I want an almost transparent effect. As Colleen mentioned then coat it with a clear finish. Now I am not the painting expert, I leave that up to the wife. You do have to rub it into the wood, and try to keep it off your fingers or you will transfer it to areas you do not wish the chalk to be.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Default Happy Holidays

Seasons Greatings.Hope someone can use this.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Very Nice!! Thank you for sharing!
    "Carved with Love"

Happiness comes from within.
    But joy comes from helping others.

Measure twice... and then sneak up on it!

Thanks Roger for sharing all the way from Canada
    Leo Davenport
    Enjoy Life Carve Something everyday

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OrnamimtRB.JPG 
Views:	203 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	57915Thanks Roger. That's a very nice ornament!
    -Colleen

Your welcome.Just some gray scale down loads cleaned up .Can't take credit for the work.

Default Almost that time again...

Here is a grayscale that I cleaned up and made a Pattern from. Someone might be able to use it....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Valentines.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    My Website: www.edscustomcarved.com
    Patterns or projects made, and uploaded by me, are not to be sold on E-Bay, EVER !.
    Thank You....

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast