Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: -Architectural or Decorative

Oscar, I haven't thanked you for the moon, it was perfect!

I must admit I spent 4 hrs this morning watching Blender videos after you posted the link. That right click difference was an AH HA moment when I realized that's why I was so frustrated with the software - apparently all the other videos I had seen didn't specifically mention that shift from "normal" habits!

Much appreciated!

Dian, you are very welcome. I hope to see some awesome patterns made by you. Once you get passed that AH HA moment it does get easier. After three years of me playing with the software I have now reached a point that I feel like an advanced beginner.

I am now going through the same emotion with new software. My one point of frustration with blender has been its sculpting capability. Its amazing but nowhere near the capability of the industry standard of zbrush. So I purchased zbrush last month and I have not opened it more than twice. I am dreading going through the same process of learning a new software suite that is incredibly advanced and complicated.

FYI: To create that type of pattern. Apply an image texture to the geometry. Subdivide it until it has a dense geometry and then use the displace modifier using the image texture. Super easy once you have the procedure down.

Busy Busy I like it! Great job Ken
    Pop's Fix It Shop, We won't make it any worse.. Using "A" machines 1.187 1.188 ,2.007, 3.103
    2 Machines no waiting.

These look good. I think I could use them. THANKS
    Pop's Fix It Shop, We won't make it any worse.. Using "A" machines 1.187 1.188 ,2.007, 3.103
    2 Machines no waiting.

Great lay out I like it!!!
    2 Machines no waiting.

Still in the process of a partial kitchen remodel. Installed some white stone back splash which was only 10 inches from the counter top which needed some sort of transition to the rest of the wall. Made a quick custom railing border to visually separate the two elements of the counter top and the rest of the wall. My wife wanted a Namaste lily incorporated as part of the design. Carved 6 ft of the railing which I will install tomorrow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW namaste flower railing.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Looks good, am sure she appreciates you being able to provide a custom beautiful product. I haven't gotten into any 'sales' yet, don't have time, but am sure like you the custom work is always in demand.
    Rick H

lol. Everyone wants me to build them stuff at half the cost of materials. So I pretty much only build for myself and make gifts for friends. Carpentry is my decompression and first hobby from my day to day job. Though I have to admit pattern (model building) and 3d graphics are slowly creeping up on woodworking. It will never over pass it but it is a lot of fun.

Here is a picture of the border. Installed it this morning.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4945 small.JPG  

Very Nice, Oscar!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Michael, thank you. Its nice to finally see some progress on that darn kitchen. Butcher block counter top, stone back splash, new floors, new stove hood blower, and painting the cabinets/new hardware. I still have the other side of the kitchen to do but I'm doing them in stages where I can complete them in doable bite sizes.

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast