Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: -Architectural or Decorative

Default Acorn rosette

Hopefully giving back a little for all the wonderful patterns I have used from this group. I am a novice pattern builder and playing around with the tools I have. Hope someone can make use of an acorn rosette for something. I probably won't but it was a fun little build. Built in blender 3d and used STL importer to port into CW. total time less than 30 min. I will get faster.

P.S. I messed up and realized I have the pattern set as pierced. De-select pierced box and set height as needed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails acorn rosette.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Nice Job Oscar!!
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Default Compass Rose

My version of a compass rose. Pattern enclosed of the compass rose by itself.

Picture is my take adding NSEW direction and flowers. NSEW can be added as any text of your choice. The roses are another pattern I made a while ago but you get the idea. Compass...rose.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails my compass rose.jpg  

Nice work on both patterns Oscarl48,. That is truly a compass "rose". I think I have a use for the acorn rosette.
    Thanks for sharing.
    dbemus

That's great. I hope the pattern works for you.

The weather here has been really wet so haven't had a chance to make any sawdust other than wishful thinking ones with these patterns I have been churning out. It has been great practice for when I get serious with them. Sunday looks like it may finally clear up enough to play.

That is certainly a handsome compass rose Oscarl48, from one who has spent many years tracking and sailing around the world with these to guide me. Nice work and thanks for sharing.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Learned a new technique in blender and this is the end product of me playing with it. I am calling it a geometric lilly but may be a nice addition to some architectural design.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW geometric lilly1.jpg  

If I ever get some spare time I will have to finish learning Blender. I have owned "Blender for Dummies" for a while but forgot all I learned from it. Thanks for the lily.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

The lilly is very nice oscarl48, and very nice of you to share.

Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

Mike thanks. These are fast easy fun pattern builds.

Clint. blender is amazing software but isn't anywhere as user friendly as commercial products. I wish I wasn't so slow at learning this stuff and had more artist talent. The learning curve is definitely becoming a little shallower but still fairly steep after a year. Playing with software today since Shreveport went from wow its nice to holy cow its hot. Don't feel like doing anything except sit with a cold beer in my hand.

Here is another rosette. I am calling it boom. Gives me a feel of an cartoon explosion. Didn't start that way but that's how it ended.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW boom rosette.jpg  

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast