Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: -Architectural or Decorative

For patterns, you should not need to think about versions. It just happens that 2.004 has an export bug.

It seems that all these nice ideas people are sharing are being done in the new versions of software ... So it means that they won't open for me... I guess I'm gonna have to leave the carvewright cause it's to expensive to keep up... Plus there's the expense of all the constant repairs for my 2 machines .. For what it would cost me to get up to date is enough for a down payment on Pilot Pro CNC ... Plus the results,,, you look at some folks projects and you can tell immediately their project didn't come off a carvewright machine.. Guess Carvewright is just gonna leave folks like me behind ... Keep your eyes open I may be posting my machines in the for sale section soon .....
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

I agree keeping up with 2 CW can get expensive. I bought a CNC recently and I must say that one compensates for the other. I need both of them to do my work but my CW will always be my first baby even though it's been giving headaches. I would keep one if I were you and replace the other with a CNC.

As I live in Canada also, I am curious what other CNC machine you bought.

Not sure it would be appropriate to mention a competitor on the CW forum.....
    I'm in Cornwall, where are you at Duncan?

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    As I live in Canada also, I am curious what other CNC machine you bought.

Hey Zan,,, I have decided that I'm not even gonna sell my machines... As things happen I will use one as a parts machine ... When I run outta parts I am just gonna remove both machine from circulation and scrap em .. 2 Less machines to buy parts for... These 2 machines generated a couple hundred dollars a yr in parts for CW .. Not enough I guess .... I don't mind supporting a company so it can stay around and grow but,, by the same token they have help us stay in our hobby shops or businesses too .... Plus the quality that comes off a CNC is far superior then what comes out of a CW machine.. When you look at peoples projects you know rite-a-way that it didn't come out of a CW ....

Quote Originally Posted by zan29 View Post
    I agree keeping up with 2 CW can get expensive. I bought a CNC recently and I must say that one compensates for the other. I need both of them to do my work but my CW will always be my first baby even though it's been giving headaches. I would keep one if I were you and replace the other with a CNC.
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

That's a good idea and as far as quality goes, I think the CW carves as well as a CNC, just depends on your settings I guess.

Default Scroll

One that might get used. "Add your own text"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scroll-2.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    My Website: www.edscustomcarved.com
    Patterns or projects made, and uploaded by me, are not to be sold on E-Bay, EVER !.
    Thank You....

9. Default

Really nice, thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by edzbaker View Post
    One that might get used. "Add your own text"
    Ed,

Nice scroll. Thanks for sharing and great to see your back at it!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast