Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: -Architectural or Decorative

Very nice Suzanne, thanks for sharing.

Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

Suz very nice . Thanks

Scroll work has been a cumbersome and unwieldy thing to learn in blender. Finally bit the bullet and starting to learn how to model it. Enclosed is a fun little pattern.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails scroll heart.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Well done! Artistic layout. Thanks for sharing, a very useful pattern.

5. Default

That is a very nice pattern, I do appreciate all the sharing you do on this forum.

Norm. hopefully some of these patterns are of use. Its been a nice little journey these last two years learning to use the CW and how to make patterns for it. I look at my early attempts and I cringe a little on how bad they were.

Oscarl48

Check out Viscorbel : http://viscorbel.com/shop/classic-fu...vol2-ornament/

I bought that video a while back. I use 3ds max but the principles will be the same
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Thank you. I think I might do that. It looks really good. Just by visiting the website I got some insight on the process he used. Building blocks vs. one big pattern.

Can't believe the exchange rate. The euro is not doing well (good for me).

Update: bought and downloaded the tutorial. Very cool. I love the idea of creating a library and compositing the shapes as needed. The library build start tomorrow.

Does blender have a "cut" tool?

In 3ds Max...I put the image of the scroll or leaf I want to model on an image and lock/freeze the plane...then trace over it with the spline tool for the outline of the shape....then convert the spline to a poly...then use the cut tool to add main edges and fill in with quads...all flat at first...then after that's done...just start pushing and pulling the edges for desired shape
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Thank you. Yes it does. I have to figure it out. In the baroque dragon I modeled it loop to loop but it took close to 6 hours to complete. Way too long. I am going to try this method and see how it works for me. The problem I've been having is having the edge loops I need in the wrong sections. That just means poor planning on my part. Started last night a model but deleted it after about an hour when I realized I had placed all the edge loops I needed in the wrong areas.

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast